Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Turkey tails, Kawaratake... I'm a plant person not a mushroom person. However, this is the most common non-toxic fungus in the forest. T. Versicolor is not edible but its medical claims as a tea or decoction are huge. Anybody here have any experience with it?
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
108 Posts
I have experience with them. What would you like to know?
Not sure if you knew this but there is NO KNOWN poisonous polypore mushrooms. They are either medicinal, edible or just neither.
I myself harvest those along with Reishi, birch polypore and a few others. I make tinctures and also encapsulate them. If you want I can send you a guide on how to make your own tinctures. Tea is pretty much self explanatory. Dry out the mushroom, Break the mushroom up and let it steep for 8-10 min. Strain, add honey if you like and drink.
A few books you might like are "Growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms" and "Mycelium Running" both are by Paul Stamets.
 

·
off-grid organic farmer
Joined
·
24,542 Posts
I was told once, at a mushroom foraging workshop, that while forest floor mushrooms may possibly be bad, that no tree mushrooms are bad. That the forms of mushroom that grow up off of the floor are usually 'hard' and non-poisonous.

Has anyone else heard this?
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top