Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
spoonmaster
15,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy on a snowmobile attacked Ally Zirkle and her team before she arrived in Nulato and then attacked Jeff King and his team. One of King's dogs was killed and two other's were hurt and one of Zirkle's dogs was hurt. They're both continuing in the race. Right now Ally is in third place and Jeff is in 10th place.

Here's the article
http://d3r6t1k4mqz5i.cloudfront.net...urposefullyhitbysnowmachiner-FINAL.pdf?f4b8d7

I hope they catch the guy and inflict some pain on him.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,605 Posts
A guy on a snowmobile attacked Ally Zirkle and her team before she arrived in Nulato and then attacked Jeff King and his team. One of King's dogs was killed and two other's were hurt and one of Zirkle's dogs was hurt. They're both continuing in the race. Right now Ally is in third place and Jeff is in 10th place.

Here's the article
http://d3r6t1k4mqz5i.cloudfront.net...urposefullyhitbysnowmachiner-FINAL.pdf?f4b8d7

I hope they catch the guy and inflict some pain on him.
Dog sled owners know how to get rid of a body.

·
Certified Organic Grower
4,969 Posts

·
Bugged out already
4,833 Posts
Horrible situation. The dude will not get a jury anywhere in Alaska where they wouldn't want to hang him by his nuts and let the eagles peck him to death. And that's if they want to let him off easy.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,605 Posts
Horrible situation. The dude will not get a jury anywhere in Alaska where they wouldn't want to hang him by his nuts and let the eagles peck him to death. And that's if they want to let him off easy.
Considering the nature of the risks to sledders in the Iditarod, it could be construed as attempted murder.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Well, let's look at this like the mainstream leftist media does when there's a mass shooting (kindly substituting 'Sierra Club' for NRA and 'extremest environmentalist' for gun owner):

NBC News, interviewing a person on the street in Nulato: "We don't know who the attacker is, but it's obviously got to be an extremest environmentalist whose ideology has led him to inflict violence on those who are destroying the wilderness. I'll bet he's a Sierra Club member."

CNN: "NBC News is reporting the attacker is a rabid environmentalist who we believe is a member of the Sierra Club. The Sierra Club has refused comment." (Cut away to a video of a Sierra Club board member walking away from the camera.)

ABC News: "The Sierra Club has denied the dog sled attacker is a member of their organization, according to CNN. The Sierra Club, in the past, has interfered with lumber companies and has destroyed earth moving equipment in wilderness areas as a protest of what they refer to as the destruction of nature."

CBS News: "Tonight, an in-depth look at the Sierra Club and some of their radical stances on punishing those who, in their words, deface the wilderness."

Next day, when they find out the dude on the snow machine was some local drunk who went on a binge and blacked out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

·
Grevcon 8
16,790 Posts
Is the carrying of a firearm allowed by the mushers??

Mark
Unfortunately for a civilian it's very difficult to not get in trouble for defending yourself against a vehicle because the instant accusation is that you had a perfect innocent accident and you went out of control road rage murderer on the poor innocent victim who was intentionally trying to kill you and/or your sled dogs.

·
Grevcon 8
16,790 Posts
Well, let's look at this like the mainstream leftist media does when there's a mass shooting (kindly substituting 'Sierra Club' for NRA and 'extremest environmentalist' for gun owner):

NBC News, interviewing a person on the street in Nulato: "We don't know who the attacker is, but it's obviously got to be an extremest environmentalist whose ideology has led him to inflict violence on those who are destroying the wilderness. I'll bet he's a Sierra Club member."

CNN: "NBC News is reporting the attacker is a rabid environmentalist who we believe is a member of the Sierra Club. The Sierra Club has refused comment." (Cut away to a video of a Sierra Club board member walking away from the camera.)

ABC News: "The Sierra Club has denied the dog sled attacker is a member of their organization, according to CNN. The Sierra Club, in the past, has interfered with lumber companies and has destroyed earth moving equipment in wilderness areas as a protest of what they refer to as the destruction of nature."

CBS News: "Tonight, an in-depth look at the Sierra Club and some of their radical stances on punishing those who, in their words, deface the wilderness."

Next day, when they find out the dude on the snow machine was some local drunk who went on a binge and blacked out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
I just find it very unlikely that an environmentalist would decide to attack someone using a mode of transportation that has extremely little impact on the environment. If it were up to environmentalists we'd all be using dog sleds and horses to get around. It's like saying Black Lives Matter assaulted a black woman for using a racial slur against a white man.

·
Grevcon 8
16,790 Posts
Don't they carry weapons for protection?
I'll bet there's some stupid, reckless, suicidal rule about no weapons like there is with EVERY organized event these days. You'd be insane not to carry a concealed 44 in your coat though given the extreme bear threat they face. Though I can pretty much guarantee the race officials are adamant that bells and a flare will be more than sufficient to deter any attack.

·
The Hammer & Anvil
3,559 Posts
Or maybe they were concentrating on the race, and things happened so fast their was no chance. Not everyone shoots first and asks questions later. I would imagine it was not what they were expecting given the activity. I'm sure they have things for wild moose/bears. It will be interesting to see what happens when they find the person. I can't imagine in Alaska that being taken lightly.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I just find it very unlikely that an environmentalist would decide to attack someone using a mode of transportation that has extremely little impact on the environment. If it were up to environmentalists we'd all be using dog sleds and horses to get around. It's like saying Black Lives Matter assaulted a black woman for using a racial slur against a white man.
Oh my.

You do realize this was satire and a comment on how the leftwing mainstream media shapes their reporting for virtually every mass shooting?

I even noted to substitue the words environmentalist and Sierra Club in place of NRA and gun owner.

Sheesh, you environmental types really don't have a sense of humor, do you?

·
Semper Fi
11,244 Posts
Substitute PETA or the USPCA then LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.