Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
CTP
1,715 Posts
Not a medical professional by any stretch but here is how I would look at it. You seem to have already done it but your son, if interested in the nursing profession should go through the typical nursing school as all nurses do. Work as a practicing medical professional in a hospital or clinic of some sort. Basically get all the normal medical schooling and find a career at a respectable established care facility. He has a career that pays well with great benefits, etc. On his free time he and you can join various groups and communities to learn more about what type of medical practices were use in the "old days". If SHTF and I was I'll or injured I'd rather have a medical professional who was trained in the latest medicine and then had additional knowledge in primitive care techniques when many modern medical resources aren't available. I think that if you push your son into only studying primitive medical techniques that can only be used in a SHTF scenario from a unregulated or unrecognized group then you are not doing your son justice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.