Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am 22 years old, and had an interesting life so far, been through a lot, and seen a lot... but what ever situation i'v been, i never been stuck without TP or at least a decent replacement... like any other paper or a cloth of some kind.

lets hear your TP stories and learn from that painful experiences :)

·
free man
626 Posts
Used a corner section of a bandana toward the end of long backpacking trip.

If I'm using cheap undies..those. Not my good synthetics tho.

My one time step daughter mistakenly used poison ivy once while hiking in the woods with her step mom. Came home that time in great distress, to say the least.

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Well while backpacking i've always had enough TP, and my bandanna. However while backpacking across Russia I did run out of toilet paper and had to use their version of TP. Which happens to be those nice brown paper towels you use in the bathroom to dry your hands. Yeah, lets just say I had a butt that wasn't happy with me. However after a month I did get use to it, and it was't so bad.

·
Last of the First Line
864 Posts
Not my experience - but a friend's.

He was helping a friend transport cars from one dealership to another. So he's out in the middle of the country and he gets an attack of the trots. There was nothing in the car to use for wiping purposes. It's a brand new car... No old fast food napkins or a travel size pack of tissues.

Now, if this had happened about a week or two prior - no problem... But the corn fields in the area had been harvested. Miles of corn fields - and not a single shuck to wipe with.

So he ran off towards the horizon - so he couldn't be easily seen from the road, did his business, and looked for anything to use as wipe.

Eventually he gave up, took off his tshirt... And arrived at the dealership shirtless.

·
Be Prepared
273 Posts
If I'll be able to shower within a few hours I'd fore go the wipe and temporarily deal with the dingle berries, if not I'd use the sleeve of my undershirt.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Corn cob's, Sears and Roebuck catalog now just the Sears Sunday flier. :)

Reactions: BretByron

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Grandma say's they stopped using the Sears and Roebuck catalog when it went to color prints. It wasn't absorbent any more.
Thats what I hear too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
River rocks are my favorite. Smooth, but with some decent tooth. And warm, if they're in the sun. :B
But not ON them, and not near a water supply right? I hope you are not one of those jerks :)

I hate seeing TP flowers or brown rock lizards on the trail!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
601reconteam
stuck without TP or at least a decent replacement... like any other paper or a cloth of some kind

With no paper or cloth available, some plant leaves can be used but the leaves from the Mullen plant are suspect. They are covered with soft heirs that can easily dislodge and become remarkably irritating to tender mucus membranes.
Assuming that you could find no suitable leaves and can not afford to begin sacrificing your clothing, the age old method is simple to use and always with you. If you can bring yourself to break the “Poo Pyridine” ingrained in your psyche, simply use your figures! They actually will wash off cleanly with just plain water (but with soap is better!). In fact, if you remember why Arabs traditionally eat with only one hand, even dry sand can be used to cleans the figures.
Should you have the option, your best when the TP runs out may simply be a low pressure hose or pressurized spray tank to cleans the area like a tiny shower.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

With no paper or cloth available, some plant leaves can be used but the leaves from the Mullen plant are suspect. They are covered with soft heirs that can easily dislodge and become remarkably irritating to tender mucus membranes.
Assuming that you could find no suitable leaves and can not afford to begin sacrificing your clothing, the age old method is simple to use and always with you. If you can bring yourself to break the “Poo Pyridine” ingrained in your psyche, simply use your figures! They actually will wash off cleanly with just plain water (but with soap is better!). In fact, if you remember why Arabs traditionally eat with only one hand, even dry sand can be used to cleans the figures.
Should you have the option, your best when the TP runs out may simply be a low pressure hose or pressurized spray tank to cleans the area like a tiny shower.
That's a great and informative answer... thanks, anyway when you know you are going to be stuck without TP or ability to have your needs done, we use here standard issue POOP stopper called "STOPIT" it actually tablets that stops your needs for about 2-3 days... very useful for ambushes and arrests, and for emergencies (always in my first aid kit).. the only problem is what happens after thous few days...;)

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Wow...so never heard of that stuff. I can only imagin the side effects lol.

Oh and another thing you could do if you run out of TP. Reach over, grab some sort of cute fluffy animal and go to town. The fur is so nice on your bumb. Just becareful not to grab a porcupine. Happend to a mate of mine once. His butt will never be the same.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts