Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
American Infidel
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been lurking on here reading and trying to take in as much info as possible. I figured it is time to come out of the shadows so I can ask really dumb newbie questions...lol. Sorry, 28 years of "consumer programing" is hard to undo but I'm working on it.

Recently a switch went off in my head and I realized that I need to do more to protect my family and in general need to get back to learning basic skills that my forefathers had, ie. hunting, gathering, agriculture and just being less reliant on modern conveniences.

Other than being proficient with firearms, I am a fast learner and hard worker. However I completely recognize my total lack of knowledge and experience in the area of survival/prep, so I'm here to learn and fix that.

Thanks.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Southeastern Coastal NC.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Greetings from Texas. The Survival Files are a fantastic free resource here. I have downloaded all of the food and gardening related files. I leave the gun stuff to my hubby, but the folks here are very knowledgeable and very helpful. :)

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I'm within 35 miles of Wilmington

·
American Infidel
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, I'll be here till I'm done with school and then I would like to live some where more rural. Further away from thugs I can get the better.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome from Winston-Salem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts