Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Observer
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a mini maglite and it is serving me well!! I was wondering if you would be kind enough to post what flashlight you guys have got in your bug out bag/ survival pack?? :)

·
Rogue
1,617 Posts
I recently purchased a mini maglite and it is serving me well!! I was wondering if you would be kind enough to post what flashlight you guys have got in your bug out bag/ survival pack?? :)
In my bug out bag I have a Mini Maglite as well as a Black Diamond Icon Headlamp. Both use AA batteries.

I want to replace the MagLite with either a NiteCore SmartPD D20 or a Fenix TK20 though..

http://www.tacticalleds.com/NiteCore-SmartPD-D20-R2-p/nitecore-d20-r2.htm
http://www.tacticalleds.com/Fenix-TK20-Neutral-White-LED-F-p/fenix-tk20.htm

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Man, I don't think I could list all my lights !!:D: I have 3 Surefires,3 Fenix's, 2 Streamlights,2 Inovas,1 Luma-power, several LED Mag-lites, many Gerber Infinities,a couple Brunton LED lanterns,plus numerous others.
My BOB has a Brunton LED and a Tek-lite ( i think), plus whatever I grabbed at the last minute. For GHB purposes, I keep a Surefire in my car, plus a Streamlight 4AA pro-polymer in the back-pack I carry at work. I have a Photon on my key chain.
My brother and I just split a 2-pack of 3-AA Mag-lites from Sams CLub a couple days ago ( $19 with Dura-cells, can't beat it!! )
When it comes to "illumination tools", I apparantly have.....issues.:rolleyes:

·
Observer
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, I don't think I could list all my lights !!:D: I have 3 Surefires,3 Fenix's, 2 Streamlights,2 Inovas,1 Luma-power, several LED Mag-lites, many Gerber Infinities,a couple Brunton LED lanterns,plus numerous others.
My BOB has a Brunton LED and a Tek-lite ( i think), plus whatever I grabbed at the last minute. For GHB purposes, I keep a Surefire in my car, plus a Streamlight 4AA pro-polymer in the back-pack I carry at work. I have a Photon on my key chain.
My brother and I just split a 2-pack of 3-AA Mag-lites from Sams CLub a couple days ago ( $19 with Dura-cells, can't beat it!! )
wow haha... i have about 3 lanterns and two torches all in all... then again Be Prepared an all haha :cool:

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Well MD, apparently you are a light junkie :D: You need to get a taste of this little gem:

http://www.countycomm.com/lightindex.htm

This is the best (Maratec AAA) little light I have EVER found. No kidding. I bought 5 of them! Has 3 different settings plus a hat rim clip. This is one powerful tool. You WILL NOT be disappointed. That's a temu guarantee:thumb:

·
Burner
668 Posts
Most of mine are minimags as well, also a few other non-descript aa lights. I carry a solitaire on my belt always. I also carry a variety of Petzl lights, cant get enough of those little headlamps :D: Around the house I also have 2-3 of the 6v camp lights for general use, initial lights for when the power goes out for exp.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well MD, apparently you are a light junkie :D: You need to get a taste of this little gem:

http://www.countycomm.com/lightindex.htm

This is the best (Maratec AAA) little light I have EVER found. No kidding. I bought 5 of them! Has 3 different settings plus a hat rim clip. This is one powerful tool. You WILL NOT be disappointed. That's a temu guarantee:thumb:
I am a flashlight junkie myself and the Maratac AAA flashlight blew me away. It is definitely awesome. Head and shoulders above any other flashlight I have seen at that size. Certainly better than anything else in that price range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a mini maglite and a wind up flashlight/radio. I am also planning to get an additional wind up/solar powered flashlight with a better battery capacity than the wind up alone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Princeton Tec EOS - I have a bunch of them. I like 100+ hours of light on the low setting. I don't have flashlights in any of my bags or vehicles, but I do have a few cheap ones around the house.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Fenix TK10
Fenix TK11
Fenix TK20
Fenix TK40
Fenix e20
Fenix e01
Fenix LD01SS
Fenix L0D
Fenix HP10
Zebralight H501
Mini Maglight (Incan, not very good)
Gerber Tracer
4sevens Preon II Titanium
Random cheap rubbish

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I want to replace the MagLite with either a NiteCore SmartPD D20 or a Fenix TK20 though..
Or.... A Fenix LD20 ;) (you loose some of the toughness of the TK20, but its still a quality torch, and you gain a lower lower mode that will enable you to conserve battery life, and its lighter)

4sevens lights are supposed to be good also, i only own one though, and while I was impressed with the output, i'm not so impressed with the switch. Feels a bit funny.

You will probably be interested in this (positive) review of the NiteCore SmartPD D20 also:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=210904

Having never owned a NiteCore I cant really give you any opinion on them.

·
Rogue
1,617 Posts
You will probably be interested in this (positive) review of the NiteCore SmartPD D20 also:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=210904

Having never owned a NiteCore I cant really give you any opinion on them.
I am heavily leaning towards the NiteCore as everything I've read has been stellar. Also I have a D10 attached to my key chain and am very happy with it. The D10 is the one AA variant of the D20.

The only reason the Fenix is still on the list is because of its size. There is something to be said about mass when it comes to alternative uses if you catch my drift. Plus it got pretty good reviews as well and it produces a wider angle of light. I had looked at the LD20 and its a nice torch. It would make a better tactical light then the TK20 for sure.

All Fenix lights produce a very nice color light.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts