Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Improvise⇒Adapt⇒Overcome
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good read! Since I can't copy and paste anything from the article due to forum policy, I'll just say that it's a great article to share with friends and family that don't understand or care why we prep and if it's really worth the time, money and effort. Also, it's fairly brief and to the point so they won't be distracted by the length while reading. ;)

http://www.personalliberty.com/cons...america-depends-on-survivalists-and-preppers/

- Phil
 

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
Joined
·
68,527 Posts
That would apply if everyone were preppers. But considering how few of us there are, we're statistically insignificant. So America does not depend on us. It's a shame it's that way. In the old days, preparedness was just how people lived. And many of the things in that article would have applied.
 

·
uber nerd
Joined
·
194 Posts
A year ago I would have shared this article with friends and family, but am so over that stage. I (as a prepper) can't save America. Heck, I can't even get my 25 year old niece to learn how to cook dried beans. My mother in law is hooked up to the idiot box, hand wringing over her upcoming social security check and my best friend just fessed up to a 5,000 visa debt that she has yet to share with her husband. Are folks like this interested in long term food storage, PM's, self defence? Apathy and ignorance will be the cause for the collapse of this country. Good read, but would fall on deaf ears with most of the general population.....
 

·
Limpin to safety.
Joined
·
7,639 Posts
1) DHLS takes in $98.8 billion tax payer dollars and doesn't have any real bad guys to arrest. So they use it to watch us instead.

2) We spread the Mormon faith more than Mormons.

3) After the fall of America only three things will remain. Our Self serving Government, Roaches, and Survivalists to repopulate this country.

4) FEMA needs someone to survive, and the ones they help never seem to make it.

5) We are the reason why Walmart now carries Mountain House foods, 3 day packs, and ak or ar15 ammo.

6) We hold the gold our Government is to stupid to back our currency with.

7) We do our best to never be on Government support, which ironically both defeats their supposed purpose, and enables them to self destructively continue the cycle.

8) We are the American dream, and true model citizens. When everything gets rebooted, we are required to exist as the starting point from which things gradually get worse.

9) We raise the standards of our equipment, which usually means we only buy American.

10) We live to survive oppression. With out a brutally incompetent Government, problems to over come, and hopeless scenarios, we wouldn't have anything to do.
 

·
Capability, not scenarios
Joined
·
11,956 Posts
America depends on preppers? America doesn't even acknowledge the importance of prepping, much less depending upon them.

And America is much more likely to deride those who prep as right-wing fanatics or worse, tinfoil-clad gun maniacs.

No, America isn't depending on preppers. America has its head in the sand.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Runamok

·
Your move Sparky...
Joined
·
7,782 Posts
I think the 40% conservative base is still doing pretty well. The other 60% can fall off the face of the earth struggling to do a cranial/rectal extract for all I care.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top