Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this knife?

I'm looking to get myself a new folder for camping/backpacking, and I like how they incorporated the fire steel into the handle.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/tool-logic/sl3-fire/
Yeah, I picked up two for stocking stuffers a couple years ago. The firesteel is nice, but the blade is a crappy liner lock...not very well aligned. It's not bad for a kit, but I wouldn't rely on the blade for more than opening mail and boxes.

ROCK6

·
Registered
961 Posts
I got one of those some years ago to keep in a GHB. The one I got has a light attached to the firesteel and this one is rather good quality, I've had no issues with it.
Good bright light, serious sparks from the steel, LOUD whistle, sharp knife that stays put and is easy to open.
Actually, the only real issue I have had is with the light. It does not turn off and on easily so, I set it in an on position and flip one of the batteries so that it doesn't run out quickly. Other than that, it's decent piece of equipment.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know if they might have changed the locking mechanism inbetween the first and second generations of these knives? I've noticed they made a few changes to the blade itself. Just wondering if that might explain the differences in experiences with this knife?

I'm kinda just looking for a beater knife. One that I'm not going to shed tears over if I lose it out in the bush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.