Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start it.

Happy pay for government day everyone. I really hope that everything I paid in last year goes to the troops in theater. There should be a way to designate where my money goes.

·
Banned
6,705 Posts
Wow, I'm getting about $10K back. And I am with the troops. Monumental waste going on there. If Gov't comes into contact with your money it is wasted. The Gov't provides us with a tax code, which is a blue print on how not to pay taxes. You have to play the game or else the game plays you. We have no choice in this one.

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,535 Posts
I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start it.

Happy pay for government day everyone. I really hope that everything I paid in last year goes to the troops in theater. There should be a way to designate where my money goes.
You pay the government one day a year?

Not bad, I thought that a lot of Americans pay a wee bit every pay check.

Personally we do not pay anything to Income taxation, but that is just us and about 30% of the nation.

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,535 Posts
... The Gov't provides us with a tax code, which is a blue print on how not to pay taxes. You have to play the game or else the game plays you. We have no choice in this one.

It is like folks who play Monopoly while refusing to read the directions.

About the best thing I ever did was to take some IRS classes on how taxes work.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Wow, I'm getting about $10K back. And I am with the troops. Monumental waste going on there. If Gov't comes into contact with your money it is wasted. The Gov't provides us with a tax code, which is a blue print on how not to pay taxes. You have to play the game or else the game plays you. We have no choice in this one.
Sounds like you need to adjust something or other. I'm getting about $4K back and am ****ed about it. That's money I could have had earning interest. :/

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am looking forward to my tax dollars being recieved by the Government which will be promptly loaned to Goldman sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, JP Morgan and Bank of America at 0% who will then turn around and buy government bonds with an interest rate of 4-5 % thus effectively charging the Government interest on the billions that they were loaned for free..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust something or other. I'm getting about $4K back and am ****ed about it. That's money I could have had earning interest. :/
Right! Ideally wouldn't one would want be balanced, owe nothing and be owed nothing? Even want to owe a little--or a lot, if you can handle the bill. It means more interest earned in your accounts during the year, rather than theirs.

This year my state is deferring paying out it's tax refunds for six months I believe, aren't I lucky I'm not getting a refund anyway! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.