Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bear grylls arch nemisis
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you carry your tomahawk?(from a cqb weapon perspective not as a camp tool or etc.) i carry weak side because through training and military experience that if i need it as a weapon about 98% of the time its with my weak side hand. i do alot of training with blue guns rubber knives and training weapons and the only time i have ever went for H2H weapon was when i was unable to go for my sidearm which is usually because my right arm is pinned somehow which makes sense since if your side arm and H2H weapon are right next to each other why wouldnt you go for the gun? just my reasons though. any other opinions on this?

·
Deus exsisto laus
3,963 Posts
When I have carried my tomahawk, I carry it in my belt, near the small of my back, with a strong side draw. My knife is weak side draw/ cross draw. I'm not military or police. I am not the fire breather I thought I was 30 years ago. I practice self defense tactics with my hawk and my knife, but I'm not some super badaxe whatchamacallit. TP

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too carry on the weak side with my small axes, like my gransfors hunter model. The head is 1 1/2lb and the handle is 19" hickory so its close to the size of some of the hawks. I make sure the blade faces behind me on my left side.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I carry mine on my belt near the middle part of my back, with the head leaning toward my strong hand. I keep my knife near my reaction hand. I keep my revolver near my strong hand as well. Usually though, in the woods, I carry my hawk in my strong hand though, or rest it like a baby with the head overhanging my left hand and the handle toward my right. Just habit I suppose, but it's comforting to have it at hand.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
In the small of my back, or strapped to the small backpack I carry...pistol is on strong side (right hip), and Knife is on left side.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Weak side with my knife behind it. When I draw, the strong hand comes across and withdraws the hawk while my weak hand comes down and draws my knife.

·
Neo Confederate
2,256 Posts
My Lagana Hawk came with a really excellent sheath.

Its Molle and belt compatible and the short length of the handle allows me to hang it on my belt or vest on my weak side/left with the knife just above it.

My plan is more for "last stand/out of ammo/sell your one life dearly", so I'll keep my pistol in a drop leg on my strong side..

Ok, I'm off to the Mall now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts