Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this knife off eBay WOW what a knife well made, thick and sharp. This knife looks just like a tom brown blade just a touch longer. It is made of high carbon steel with a hardness of 57hrc. I lucked out and got mine for 18.00 + shipping I know with a cheep price like that you'd expect junk but I'm telling you this knife is a work horse. There is another one on eBay now auction goes off in 4 days sorry but the starting price is 65.90 + shipping add number is 280279458335 just type that into eBay search. knife called Survival Tracker Tatical Bowie And know I'm not the seller of this knife just a tom brown fan. the add pictures don't show the top of handle but yes the steel go's all the way through it nice and thick.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What a piece of crap! hahaha you want a "tracker" look alike find a Dave Beck original. Or get yourself one of the Red Scorpion Six WSKs.

RS6 Blades wsk

Original Dave Beck

Tracker is crappola

·
OBAMA Sucks Smokin Weed
297 Posts
I had one of those Fake Trackers from China. Hey take some Super Blue and you will discover it is stainless and not high Carbon steel. But it is probably as good as the TOPS TRACKER. lol

Leif, I would rather have the new one too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at the red scorpion there again 200.00 + a little steep. I put this knife through a good workout this past week I was pleased. Don't know about the high carbon steel only what add says what do I do with super blue never did this to a knife

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Just a test you can do with Super blue gun bluing. Stainless wont stain but carbon will blue if you rub it on. I am sure your cheapo china is 420 or so stainless. Or could be mystery stainless haha.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It is a jack of all trades bushcraft knife. Draw knife, fillet blade, chopper, notch saw and quarter round. Dave Beck designed the wsk original and it has been reproduced a couple different places. Tom Brown has a simplified version of it called the Tracker knife by TOPS. Red Scorpion Six blades has a more original approach to the true design. A few custom makers still do them but for very high prices.

·
Registered
192 Posts
theres a reason for the high price

theres a reason for a high price and thats functionality... plus we all know you get what you pay for... id rather pay 200 for something that i could rely on as opposed to 20 bucks for something that wont last a day of moderate use

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't tried super blue yet but I really put this knife to work since I got it used it at camp and hunting for chopping wood for my fires. also used it around my house for pruning branches off my trees, chopped my way through a few 2x4 pieces of lumber just to abuse it so far so good. I know it was cheep but hey if it works. I'm not knocking 2 or 3 hundred dollar knifes but if I'm going to spend that much I'll buy another gun or other equipment as this is not my only blade I also use my k-bar alot too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts