Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this knife off eBay WOW what a knife well made, thick and sharp. This knife looks just like a tom brown blade just a touch longer. It is made of high carbon steel with a hardness of 57hrc. I lucked out and got mine for 18.00 + shipping I know with a cheep price like that you'd expect junk but I'm telling you this knife is a work horse. There is another one on eBay now auction goes off in 4 days sorry but the starting price is 65.90 + shipping add number is 280279458335 just type that into eBay search. knife called Survival Tracker Tatical Bowie And know I'm not the seller of this knife just a tom brown fan. the add pictures don't show the top of handle but yes the steel go's all the way through it nice and thick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked at the red scorpion there again 200.00 + a little steep. I put this knife through a good workout this past week I was pleased. Don't know about the high carbon steel only what add says what do I do with super blue never did this to a knife

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It is a jack of all trades bushcraft knife. Draw knife, fillet blade, chopper, notch saw and quarter round. Dave Beck designed the wsk original and it has been reproduced a couple different places. Tom Brown has a simplified version of it called the Tracker knife by TOPS. Red Scorpion Six blades has a more original approach to the true design. A few custom makers still do them but for very high prices.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't tried super blue yet but I really put this knife to work since I got it used it at camp and hunting for chopping wood for my fires. also used it around my house for pruning branches off my trees, chopped my way through a few 2x4 pieces of lumber just to abuse it so far so good. I know it was cheep but hey if it works. I'm not knocking 2 or 3 hundred dollar knifes but if I'm going to spend that much I'll buy another gun or other equipment as this is not my only blade I also use my k-bar alot too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts