Survivalist Forum banner

What percentage of the members of this site are crazies?

• 100% crazy

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 90% crazy, 10% sane

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 80% crazy, 20% sane

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 70% crazy, 30% sane

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • 60% crazy, 40% sane

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • 50% crazy, 50% sane

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • 40% crazy, 60% sane

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 30% crazy, 40% sane

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • 20% crazy, 80% sane

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • 10% crazy, 90% sane

Votes: 42 38.5%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get tired of some of the posters on this site being sensationalists. Very pessimistic and overtly attention whores. Now, while I agree this country is going to see some tough times for the next few years- some of the comments in threads are just over the top and are blatant tactics of fear mongering (did you learn that from the last 8 years of government?). No wonder some people think we are all nuts.

Before you flame me, keep in mind I have my BOBs well packed and ready to go to a very nice BOL. Also I have "supplies" (no details) ready for months of hard times at all locations. I am not an Obama fan, nor was I a Bush fan (I think his administration eroded our constitution more than any president)

Preppers should be positive people and encouraging as the MAJORITY of the people on this site are. However, a few are just purely mean, hateful, and crazy.

So anyone new to this site, please do not judge it by the few, but look at the overall positive. Thanks

·
V
21,713 Posts
That’s the difference between a prepper and a survivalist I guess;

Survivalists are untrusting paranoids full of conspiracy theories and "the end is neigh"
Preppers watch what’s happening and just get on with it and see what happens.

Over simplification? Maybe, pretty darn close? Definitely imho :thumb:

It used to be Prep for the worst hope for the best, but i swear some people are praying it all goes t*tsup just so they can be proven right.

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
Warning!!!

The government is recording those who put 10% crazy and 90% sane and tracking your movements ........................ BEWARE!!!

LMAO! j/k

I have to say 95% of those I read or chat with are completely sane and just worry about surviving if stuff goes wrong. I have really found nothing but helpful and knowledgeable here and EXTREMELY thankful for all they have done for me that they will never fully realize. Again THANK YOU.
There are posers around like anywhere .. but are easily ignored with a bit of common sense. The radicals I just ignore ... as thats not what this sites about (to make clear to Johnny Fed).
Its about being prepared .. whether its natural disasters, financial disasters and government disasters we dont even want to imagine.
Its about ensuring you and your loved ones will not be the sheep led to slaughter or the starving in the street who had no foresight.

Thank you Kev for allowing us like minded people gather and share in a great arena of ideas and an ocean of knowledge not found anywhere else. :thumb:

Mels

·
Registered
354 Posts
If this is the sort of thing you worry about all day, there are plenty of other things you can do with your time.

Who cares anyway? People are intelligent enough here to make their own opinions about things, if anyone here needs help discerning the difference I'm sure they'll ask.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Just because I'm crazy and paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me.:D:

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
This poll is a conspiracy!!!!! If 30% of the people are crazy and the remaining 40% are sane.... there are 30% missing!!!!

FEMA deathcamps? Alilen Abduction? They were really just lizards posing as people?

Inquiring minds want to know! LOL!

BTW, if you believe what we're going through is just a minor bump in the socio-economic -political road, you may change your tune soon enough....

But back to practicality.... the key here is to prep regardless and actually use what you store/collect so if/when the time comes that you have to eat/use whatever you've accumulated that it isn't something you're not used to eating or using.

Apply the same sort of thinking to your behavior and your everyday life. It won't matter if the conspiracies are true or not because you've made your best effort to prepare anyhow.

·
Wasteland Wanderer
540 Posts
I'm not big on conspiracy theories for anything more then entertainment value. That said, a lot of the "crazies" have good points and really are only trying to educate people and work to protect themselves and their loved ones.

I hope I can manage to say this in the most unoffensive way possible: I almost see it like religious people. They have a beleif and there are certain actions that are to be done in accordance, and a cetain mindset. What harm is it to anyone unless they become violent or harm others? They are only doing what they beleive is the best thing to do.

If their wrong well, at least they'll have tons of food to keep their families fed without wasting time going grocery shopping. ;)

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
To the original poster:

Then, what you want is a gardening site, not a survivalist board...

I am also sick of people like you who find it necessary to police the thoughts and actions of others because you don't get it, you live in a parallel universe or because it is your 9 to 5 job to create confusion, second thoughts and bad press for those who are not willing to &&Edited by mods, and you know why&&

Click on this link to understand where the original poster is coming from

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
i am not a survivalist nor a prepper...I term myself a cover my a$$-ist. I refuse, for whatever reason, let my children cry to me EVER that they are hungry. I will not duct tape my kid's shoes together or have them go without. I refuse to go stand in some line for a loaf of wonderbread and 6 bottles of water. I have pride and such will always stand on my own two feet no matter what is thrown at me. I see it as my civic duty to place one less family on the hand out list. I want to look after me and my own like I want to not to be dictated to by 'the Man'.

The signs that dark days are a-coming are everywhere. They are listed in every book of religion, the news, printed media...and come on when a community like this grows leaps and bounds DAILY - can that many people be wrong? It only becomes fear mongering if you live in fear - it becomes advice if you use it in a way that best suits you and your family.

·
1,794 Posts
The math is incorrect for the 30% crazy and 40% sane catagory unless an additional catagory of 30% dont give a shinola. LOL, two voted for it anyways. 30-60 would have been my vote.

+1 to Lowdowns observation. There will always be a substantial number of individuals that will become short term extremists in any endeavor. These types have little of lasting value to contribute, preferring to use the site to pump up their already overinflated ego or showcase their need for anger management intervention.

The flaming has increased so much in the past few months that my ignore list is huge. It was either that or move on. The "core" of knowledgeable people is what keeps me coming back. They make up for all the flamers, Rambos, and posers that attempt to contaminate the site. The former are without honor.

·
531 Posts
To me, I don't worry about it. I can discern who I think is an alarmist and off the deep end and who is rationally trying to convey info about valid topics regarding our freedoms being infringed upon.

Guess I also feel that most people here are smart enough to evaluate stuff like this on their own. I don't think most need a thread "warning" them. People here are smart enough to take precautions with things like BOB's and whatnot, then they're smart enough to glean all posts for info instead of disregarding them entirely. Let people make their own choices and deductions.

·
Registered
226 Posts
To the original poster:

Then, what you want is a gardening site, not a survivalist board...

I am also sick of people like you who find it necessary to police the thoughts and actions of others because you don't get it, you live in a parallel universe or because it is your 9 to 5 job to create confusion, second thoughts and bad press for those who are not willing to && POST EDITED BY MOD &&
Click on this link to understand where the original poster is coming from
You know what your problem is, Declain? You have this 'image' of what a survivalist is, and anyone that doesn't agree with you, or doesn't think the end of the world is coming from 20 different directions, isn't a 'TRUE' survivalist. If our priorities aren't geared towards the next ice age, complete anarchy, or WWIII, we shouldn't be here, right? In your mind, if everyone isn't jumping on the Declan-Wagon-To-Armeggedon, they're either posers or government plants. Again, that's ludicrous.

Could you possibly be any more hypocritical in accusing others of spreading disinformation, when you yourself take every opportunity to blindly accuse anyone who doesn't agree with you of the same? Do you see it, man? You don't know crap. You think you do, but you don't. You see government agents around every corner.... BOOH! What a sad life you lead.

Why don't you lighten up a hair. Nothing the OP said was directed at you, yet you took it personally. Wonder why that is.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
His Chubbiness, why don't you take your flame war with Declan to PM's, and stop screwing up some good threads with your self righteousness and holier than thou attitude.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts