Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the sideways pics. The phone wasn't held sideways so I don't know why it did that. I don't know how to fix it either.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,919 Posts
Fats just don't live long. It has been my experience you can't do the "shake cheese" or creamer... the dairy doesn't last. Some of the LTS companies have cheese that works somehow, otherwise I would just keep it in original package and use within a year.

An unopened mylar bag of splenda ought to be good for the long haul, though.

Reactions: Stoveman

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,676 Posts
Get her to grow stevia.

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
Anything in plastic should be put in another medium
The WHO said they did a 5 years test on 30,000 Americans, and were shocked to find:
100% contamination to, plastics, insecticides and petroleum products.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured it'd be a no go on that stuff, but hoped there was a little magic with the nasty fake cheese. Don't know why my daughter likes that stuff when we always have sever kinds of good cheese, but she eats it on damn near everything from her eggs and toast in the morning to her salad at dinner.

Most of our preps have been medium term stuff until last year, and we still haven't done that much long term. My wife has always supported prepping and loves being able to just go into the pantry and grab extra stuff or make an extra side or two if we have unexpected company. She has for the most part left it to me though.

A few days ago when she was in a Walmart and saw the bleach isle (she posted a pic on page 383 of the china virus thread) she got a little freaked. Now she wants to put everything in the house in mylar and I have enough Lysol and bleach to go disinfect the local hospital. Got the gloves and masks to wear while I do it too lol.

If nothing else she is at least paying attention to things a little better now.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,830 Posts
We have played with mylar in the past. My wife decided against it.

We are very active with dehydrating, canning, freeze-drying, salt-corning, and freezing foods.

I keep a few tonnes of whole grains stored in steel drums [with desiccant].

1 - 9 of 9 Posts