Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its an even money bet that most folks in this forum are smarter than the government, so I thought you could lend them a hand.

Have an idea?, God knows the govt needs all the help it can get.

So...Ideas to boost the economy..

·
Registered
304 Posts
wel my thoughts would help the economy and help our homeless rate as well. simply deprt all illigal immagrints ad then give the jobs to the home less. that easy last i heard on aersge 2 billion dollars goes to mexico alone from illigal immagrints dont get me wron im not saying justdeport the mexican im talking anny one here not on a legl valid green card or visa needs to go

·
Vocal Minority
565 Posts
wel my thoughts would help the economy and help our homeless rate as well. simply deprt all illigal immagrints ad then give the jobs to the home less. that easy last i heard on aersge 2 billion dollars goes to mexico alone from illigal immagrints dont get me wron im not saying justdeport the mexican im talking anny one here not on a legl valid green card or visa needs to go
Most homeless are f'd in the head or are drug addicts. The illegals are working we need to get them on the tax rolls. Simple as that.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Simple. The federal government goes into hibernation. No new laws and regulations. No new taxes, no new stimulus, no new bailouts. Lets the businesses and states sink or swim and stop screwing with the business man's bottom lines and heads. Everybody with half a brain and half a bank account is sitting tight wondering what damage these bozo will do. Total gridlock works better than what we have now. Let the grown ups sort out the mess and come back later. Even take the credit.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,855 Posts
Cancel Social Security. Cancel Medicare parts A, B, and D. Congress meets for 6 months only in even numbered years.

Repeal the healthcare bill that just passed. Repeal all amendments past the tenth. Cut all funding not directly and EXPLICITLY allowed by the Constitution.

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Hairy, Let me start by thanking you for an excllent, intelligent worthwhile post. This is an example of the most valuable type of thinnking that leads to things getting better... The genesis of all progress starts with an idea (Goethic 2010). :)

Ok, on to ideas...

1. Change tax brackets, reducing top tiers...

2. Ensure that the capital gains tax is reduced to a maximum of 50% of the income tax rate of each individual investor (to encourage savings and investment).

3. Provide income tax credits to businesses that hire new employees and provide special bonuses, (i.e. a reduction of effective tax rate of 1% per year under the amount they would otherwise be taxed, per year for each employee they hire full time and retain, with the bonus increasing each year that they maintain this average pool of employees).

4. Allow IRA contributions of up to $20,000 per year, with full deductibility against incomes of up to 300k per year.

5. Allow what amounts to cafeteria style medical savings/spending accounts - use it or lose it - of up to $5k per year for all medical related expenses.

6. Eliminate the inheritance tax (ok, a bit off topic, but indulge me just a little...).

7. Allow parents to deduct up to 20k per year per child for education related expenses - tuition, books, etc.

8. Create scholarship funds that are purely merit based, for students going to school for the following disciplines: education, science, pre-med, nursing, computer science, engineering, mathematics...

9. Medicaid and welfare become limited from a beneficiary stanpoint, to the disabled and elderly. The young and the fit are put to work in public works type projects - truly beneficial to society types, not make work non-sense - while receiving necessary training, whether literacy, basic math, etc., in addition to vocational skills training. The destructive public housing system whereby generation after generation lives there, receives welfare and medicaid, and continues to breed future such dwellers and recipients ends...

10. Medicare is reformed (too complex for me to explain here, would take 15 or 20 pages...).

11. Universale Obamacare is terminated.

12. Those who receive welfare and Medicaid do not vote; nor do felons.

13. Illegal aliens? See ya. No free ride in our schools or healthcare facilities... and all of the weird loopholes, i.e. vacation birthing excursions are eliminated.

14. We build my wall all along the US/Mexican Border - 30' above ground, 20' below ground, 500 meters of clear, unobstructed nothingness on both sides at surface level; interconnected flooded channels beneath the ground up to 35' in depth. There are a total of six, four lane openings along the entire length of the border. The border is closely monitored and patrolled by a border protection force invested with the appropriate powers and well equipped and funded to an extent that all attempts to pass are interdicted. The Coast Guard patrols the waterways and the Air National Guards of all border states are funded, equipped and invested with adequate resources and authority to interdict all incursions. Local law enforcement may also assist in such activities.

15. A careful review of mandates likely results in elimination of approximately 90% of all such programs.

"and I think to myself... what a wonderful world...."

·
Registered
310 Posts
A good start would be a 40% across the board, permanent reduction in every federal program. Just cut every budget by 40%.
Well, I'd still like to have my roads paved. I'd like government programs that run fiber optic networks to be increased by several thousand percent so that private companies could offer services on them. However, you're right about the 40%...it's just that I think that 40% of all government programs should be cut completely. I'd guess the percentage of the gross budget that could be eliminated is around 60-70%.

No need to thank me. I'll settle for a 10% finder's fee.

Its an even money bet that most folks in this forum are smarter than the government, so I thought you could lend them a hand.

Have an idea?, God knows the govt needs all the help it can get.

So...Ideas to boost the economy..
The government is just moving the big levers that can only be moved by an entity that has sovereign autonomy and the control of a powerful currency. In any recession or depression, public works projects will usually turn things around because money is put out there for private concentrators, who then have the opportunity to innovate.

I would like like someone to come up with a good, backpack-attachable trailer for summer camping that is self-stabilizing.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
how about bring back some thing like the Civil Conservation Corps for putting people back to work here in the states ..starting with a major highway repair project along with anything else that needs to be done from the top of the states to the bottom of the states ..

Americans only ..no illegals workers ..give people food and houseing a little pocket money for spending on the personal grooming items or sending it back home to the family ..but everyone works and does a job to help rebuild the U.S ..

·
Christian mingler
7,381 Posts
rebuild the american manufacturing industry. Put a high enough import tax on anything imported to force walmart and other retailers to start buying american made products. Basically we need to find a job for everyone. Find something for anyone that is capable of working something to do. If you are getting unemployment, welfare, or any type of assistance go pick up trash, clean parks, anything that benefits this country.

Make our alternate energy program the best in the world. we give billions everyday to other countries for us to be able to drive around aimlessly. We spend billions on stupid programs every single year, so lets try to spend it on something that might actually benefit us.

Start a national excersize program. Stong body, strong mind. I am so tired of seeing our children getting fatter and lazyier every single year. Not to mention how us as adults keep getting larger every year.

Teach everyone how to conserve. I'm sounding like a liberal, but we as americans waste so much.

Have a national day off. Everyone should be able to have sunday off. I know it sounds crazy, but if everyone was off one day of the week, i think things would be less crazy in this country. Then everyone could get everything done during the other 6 days, and have a day to spend with thier families, or just relax. Everyone seems so tense anymore, can't seem to connect with families and friends. I think this sunday off for everyone would just be great. I'm sure some people will have to work on sunday, but i'm sure they could find a way to have these people rotate. think about it, we as americans work about the most hours per week as any other country in the world, and i think everyone needs to be off at the same time for us to have a day to connect with others, have time to relax, and be able to think clearly without having to run around all the time.

This is thinking outside the box, but its late so what can you expect.

·
strikes to the left
1,397 Posts
Start screening those people who leech off the Government and ONLY provide to those who are in actual need. A simple drug test would solve a lot of it.

Annex Mexico. That way, all the illegal immigrants become legal and they can start to pay taxes.

Stop unnecessary spending. There is no reason in the world why ANYONE would need to use a 50 dollar ink pen when a 50 cent ink pen is just as good. This should cut back on a LOT.

Man, I could go on and on all day, but I'll leave some of them for you guys...

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how about bring back some thing like the Civil Conservation Corps for putting people back to work here in the states ..starting with a major highway repair project along with anything else that needs to be done from the top of the states to the bottom of the states ..

Americans only ..no illegals workers ..give people food and houseing a little pocket money for spending on the personal grooming items or sending it back home to the family ..but everyone works and does a job to help rebuild the U.S ..
I've thought about that one before. Work is good for people, and folks like contributing and being useful to society. "The work for welfare" approach.

Besides, being unemployed can be a big blow to the ego, so it might boost the morale of a lot of people.

Anyone see a future in renewable energy for the govt? The U.S. has the industry infrastructure to become the world leading supplier of green energy turbines and parts for the planet. That would be a major source of income and jobs I reckon. Its also a good investment for the future, a sure bet.

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts

and the first project for the reconstituted CCC? The wall on the Mexico - U.S. Border...

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Man where to chime in on this one, you guys have pretty much summed it some very good ideas.

I would say in addition to building a wall, I would tell Mexico to maintain border security on their side and deduct the cost of incarcerating and processing THEIR citizens from any foreign aid money we give them. If it costs us say $15 million a year to keep their people out, take that off the 'grants' and other BS we give them.

Another way to cut some spending, would be to stop this "Press 1 for English" nonsense, we speak English here...assemilate or move....its that simple.

I suggested the 'work for welfare' concept, and was somewhat ridiculed for it (I consider the source), but this would be a great idea to fix the infrastructure problems we have in regards to roads, water supply, sewer lines and such.

·
Fixer
1,409 Posts
vote in all new representation that means all existing gov. positions get new blood.
make lobbying illegal punishable by forfiture of all assets and a nice 10 year jail term.
the only one talking to our representitives in gov. are citizens one on one no groups,pac's.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.