Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,447 Posts
They arent shut down, just cant keep up with demand. Not the first time its happened.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Psalm 37:28
1,127 Posts
It's not time for anyone to panic. It only means many people are panic buying. Whether it's JUSTIFIED is another question. Make your own judgements and don't follow the herd (but do use herd behavior as important information in its own way).

I've bumped up my prep buying calendar, but I'm not blowing any cash I wasn't already planning to spend on preps....

But not because Mountain House is overwhelmed.

It's because China is overwhelmed and their economy is going to be hit very hard, and with it, the world economy.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
I ordered some canned food Walmart grocery delivery, they were out of a lot of it and had to sub a few things. But Walmart generally subs better items.

It's not just Mountain House.

·
Business Owner
2,328 Posts
I bought a huge amount of MH a few years ago from a older man that was downsizing to a retirement place, with the goal of Ebaying some of it to pay for all of it. I haven't been very aggressive selling it, as I have the space and just consider it extra EXTRA preps. Sales had been slow, hadn't sold anything since December. I have now sold 6 cans to 4 different buyers in the last 24 hours.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
I hope I like beefaroni. They sent me 8 cans (Walmart, not MH).

I wonder what Amazon is going in the freeze dried/"camping" food department.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
We bought out a huge lot from some folks moving and they didn’t want to take with.

Combo of MH & “others”.

Cases of entrees, breakfasts, fruits, veggies etc. Sold some of the “others” off to acquentences under market price (mostly LDS) and made more than we paid for the lot. Still have a “goodly” bit. ;)

We’ve tried most, both camping and just for fun, just to see if they pass muster. Yup.

Haven’t given selling anymore a thought since we moved south. Comfy insurance at this point.

I bought a huge amount of MH a few years ago from a older man that was downsizing to a retirement place, with the goal of Ebaying some of it to pay for all of it. I haven't been very aggressive selling it, as I have the space and just consider it extra EXTRA preps. Sales had been slow, hadn't sold anything since December. I have now sold 6 cans to 4 different buyers in the last 24 hours.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,664 Posts
yes OFD production is maxed right now, with the NY plant that didnt make it they didnt move the bacteria operations so the Oregon plant is converting plants to more food.

This really sucks for my freebies.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,664 Posts
Have not heard of the NY plant. What was up with that?

RR
A while back they built some plants in NY expecting to move the bacteria processing there to cut back on shipping.... It didnt pan out and they closed it.

I suspect the right palms didnt get greased. Or DuPont played the long game

1 - 20 of 20 Posts