Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already American businesses are p,lanning lay-offs should Obama be elected. Worse, they plan ZERO investments or expansions all because US Banks have already informed them that Obamas's Tax plans make US Businesses poor risks since they are so extremely UNDER Capitalized.

US Banks are planning ( with the approval of Treasury Sec. Paulsen ) to use the Bailout dollars to invest offshore and / or deposit as an offset to the sever down turn Obama's economic plan will bring.

Now with all of the above on top of the current financial disaster Domestically and Worldwide the financial vunerability of the US will Spike especially when the remaining ARMs have to be converted by the end of the 1st quarter 2009.

Suppose Iran or Al Qaeda pops a mushoom over D.C. on January 20th and the natoional leadership is evaporated on top of the finacial mess currently existing? Say goodbye to social order and the means to restore it.

With reference to the use of Martial Law: If every Military person, every federal person, state, county, and local with a badge were used for that mission and nothing else, that would only add up to around 4 to 4 1/2 million. If you divide that by 48 you get 83 - 93,000 per state excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Not enough to hold each state.

Not to worry Uncle doesn't plan to passify all 50 or 48 lower states. He plans to try to hold on to the agricultural food producing areas nearest as many of the 200 largest cities which are KEY economic centers for the economy. That means many large population centers as well as the vast majority of medium and nearly all small cities will be on their own.

Why consider this scenario ? Most Americans will find themselves without Law and the economic function to continue daily life with any kind of normalcy.

There is precious LITTLE Time left to prepare.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Already American businesses are p,lanning lay-offs should Obama be elected.
Planning? Today a major customer of mine just announced they are laying off 380 local workers immediately, saying it is "just the beginning". The county govt where I work has such a huge budget shortfall, they are laying off large numbers of police, just before the holidays. One of my vendors had to lay off 30% of their sales force nationwide. All of my contacts in my industry have been crying the blues for months because of the softness in our market.

This is beyond Obama/McCain. It feels like the whole damn operation is crumbling.

·
Feed Yourself
73 Posts
There is precious LITTLE Time left to prepare.
From a certain perspective, there is always very little time to prepare. The global financial recession has not come about overnight. The systematic transfer of power and wealth from labour and working classes, and so called "free markets" world-wide, to an ever-shrinking (in proportion to world population) elite, has been documented and can be seen with eyes unclouded throughout recorded history for the last 300 years (at least). Money is debt. With this in mind, it has always been prudent to grown one's own food and save for shortages. Get out there and prepare!

·
Registered
358 Posts
This may sound bad but perhaps in a twisted way this would be a good thing. I think that the smaller towns that were left on their own might have a chance to form governments similar to what we used to have and that were responsive to the people. As for the leadership in DC being removed, I am sure that is a good thing as they are a big part of our problems in this country. Would this be a bright spot in American history, No. Could it possibly be our best chance of rebuilding America to the country our founders envisioned, MAYBE.

·
I travel light
2,018 Posts
I´d like someone out there could wisely stablish a relation between the sudden paper money use as a currency, and some phenomena called "inflation" and "unemployment"...I smell there´s a lot of relation. Human kind always traded with precious metals. Stopping using it as a currency, should be very related with actual status quo of the world economy.

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Even Biden said, when B.O. gets elected, the USA will be attacked and B.O. will be tested. (paraphrased)
Biden, though i don't care for him, isn't stupid. Even he sees it coming.
Little time indeed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Guns and gold always seem to be good investments, I've never lost money on any guns I've bought and sold over the years. I think bartering of any useful items will be the key to surviving well in a SHTF scenerio. I guess gold will always have some value but other items might be more sought after. Things are pretty grim out there right now, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Does anyone have links or backup for these opinions or are they just that, opinions?

Gold will have no value if SHTF since no one around understands it is a storer of value nor can they measure it for purity.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be prepared people. This is all part of God's larger plan for humanity.
i'm trying to think of a polite way to say this...but..i'd rather be direct than polite.

i can only speak for myself...in the very short time you have been here i am already annoyed by your lame attempts to promote your not so hidden agenda by preaching your faith and bringing your 'god' into every post you have made...as a self proclaimed internationally recognized wilderness expert, as stated in your profile, i would expect much more informative anecdotes than "this is all part of 'god's' larger plan for humanity" :rolleyes:

·
Feed Yourself
73 Posts
... i would expect much more informative anecdotes than "this is all part of 'god's' larger plan for humanity" :rolleyes:
I concur. Predictable "God will make it so" responses offer very little actual insight or relevance. However, at least G&J speaks his mind consistantly (or so we may assume from the bulk of his postings).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote-Suppose Iran or Al Qaeda pops a mushoom over D.C. on January 20th and the natoional leadership is evaporated on top of the finacial mess currently existing? Say goodbye to social order and the means to restore it.

Would this be a bad thing???
IMO they'd bre doing us a favor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Guns and gold always seem to be good investments, I've never lost money on any guns I've bought and sold over the years. I think bartering of any useful items will be the key to surviving well in a SHTF scenerio. I guess gold will always have some value but other items might be more sought after. Things are pretty grim out there right now, that's for sure.
I've seen a lot of commercials of late calling people to trade in their 'surplus gold' for cash. Only the dimwitted would trade in something of value for something worthless! Anything you purchase towards preparedness & self-sufficiency is of greater value than the green stuff that bought it. IMHO.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I've seen a lot of commercials of late calling people to trade in their 'surplus gold' for cash. Only the dimwitted would trade in something of value for something worthless! Anything you purchase towards preparedness & self-sufficiency is of greater value than the green stuff that bought it. IMHO.
I would agree with that. Who the hell are you going to trade your gold with? People these days have no idea what gold is worth and the value is so far distorted anyway from years past. We are a resource based globe now. People don't understand purity and weight for gold, there will be no organized system for that exchange to occur without getting absolutely killed by the middle man. Trade it in and buy "stuff" that is useable.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
i'm trying to think of a polite way to say this...but..i'd rather be direct than polite.

i can only speak for myself...in the very short time you have been here i am already annoyed by your lame attempts to promote your not so hidden agenda by preaching your faith and bringing your 'god' into every post you have made...as a self proclaimed internationally recognized wilderness expert, as stated in your profile, i would expect much more informative anecdotes than "this is all part of 'god's' larger plan for humanity" :rolleyes:
From his bio on his profile:
I am an internationally known wilderness survival expert, emergency room physician assistant, and speaker. I have entertained audiences from around the world with his fascinating presentations on life management and wilderness survival topics. My extensive experience in global survival and emergency medicine are key to my insightful, yet practical, approach to life situations. The results of my presentations are enlightening and offer the listeners surprising insight.
my emphasis

Looks like cut and paste to me and he forgot to switch one of the pronouns....

Back to original topic...
Have you seen where police forces around the country are *beefing up* for the after-election situation?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Back to original topic...
Have you seen where police forces around the country are *beefing up* for the after-election situation?

Yeah I do believe that there will be civil unrest (riots) no matter how this election plays out. Considering that there seem to be riots after sports championships in the winners home town (which makes no sense to me) if Obama wins there will be some small riots I think. If he loses I believe that all he&* will break loose across the country thanks to MSM all but calling the election for him already.

I plan to make sure I am not around any large gatherings when the results are announced officially as I figure some cars will burn and I like my jeep:D:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yeah I do believe that there will be civil unrest (riots) no matter how this election plays out. Considering that there seem to be riots after sports championships in the winners home town (which makes no sense to me) if Obama wins there will be some small riots I think. If he loses I believe that all he&* will break loose across the country thanks to MSM all but calling the election for him already.

I plan to make sure I am not around any large gatherings when the results are announced officially as I figure some cars will burn and I like my jeep:D:
I would pay someone to come burn my V8 Caddy.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts