Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Adventurer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a busy year for me. May 2010, I turned 21. Legally able to brew and drink my own beer. Woo! June 2010, bought our first house from foreclosure, got a small but wild piece of land with a small stream running through it. Still a work in progress but we've added a patio, almost have the game room done, have my garden up and...not really running but it's growing some things, and added a muscadine vine to the plot. It's a simple but great outdoor area with a firepit and plenty of forest to hang out in, bring wood back to the yard for winter time, teach the young one about the outdoors, and just plain relax with friends. We have a decent sized enclosure for our dog (can't afford to fence the entire perimiter) and overall just a cozy home.

September 2010, the house we moved out of, my in-laws house, burns down when a lightning strike hits the gas line and erupts in the living room. Thank God we were actually on our way home from church when it happened but the whole house was gone, including some of our stuff we had left over there from the move. Winter 2010, tree's leaves fall off, time to start cutting back the woods and taking my land back. Start tilling the land for the garden, utilizing the fire pit, etc. January 2011, find out for sure we're having the second baby we've been trying for. March, kind of took a break from Survivalistboards for a bit, mostly because we still don't have internet at our house so we have to rely on going to my in-law's current rental house for the webz. It was during this time that, among plenty of other things (Spring is a busy time for us), I started putting a lot of the outdoor tips I learned here to use in just basic things in the yard. Power went out, had a heck of a time making us some stew out back on the firepit I lit with lint as a tinder bundle, started I.D.ing various plants in the yard and woods, etc. Have a little outing planned with my lil buddy here in a couple of weekends, pitch the tent out there and just have some boy time teaching him things as well.

I had a chance to get back on here for a little bit today, wanted to read up, hang out, let everyone know I didn't die, etc. Oh, and one other thing, I couldn't stand to be on here during that whole May 21st, B.S. because I know how certain parts of this site tend to get when someone starts yelling TEOTWAWKI. Plus, May 21st was my birthday, so thanks a lot for that Harold Camping, douchebag. I still hold a lot of bitterness for that :D Anyway, wanted to get some of this out and kind of see how things were going with everyone. Thanks for reading my essay :p

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
glad you checked in. congrats on #2 pending... it sounds like you are doing great with small adventures packed in there too. the homestead sounds wonderful, you will remember these days as some of the best of your lives. keep us posted! ( and happy belated birthday)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts