Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was considering buying a Tikka T3 as it seems to be a pretty well suited rifle for my needs. I also have to opportunity to pick one up a little cheaper than RRP. I just want to know if they are actually value for money as i have only heard good things about them, secondly the one thing that has me doubtful is the polymer magazine which i am unsure if it will last the test of time and if a metal one can be brought.
any help is appreciated
donkey

·
superstar
252 Posts
i was considering buying a Tikka T3 as it seems to be a pretty well suited rifle for my needs. I also have to opportunity to pick one up a little cheaper than RRP. I just want to know if they are actually value for money as i have only heard good things about them, secondly the one thing that has me doubtful is the polymer magazine which i am unsure if it will last the test of time and if a metal one can be brought.
any help is appreciated
donkey

I've owned a few over the years. Still have one in .223. They are quality accurate rifles.

·
hunter-gatherer
751 Posts
My buddy had one for a few years, we hunted together with it. He still kicks himself today for ever selling it. You could thread a needle with that gun and it was slick to use.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I know several people who own them, mostly in 270. They all have the lite stainless version. They're all happy with them. One guy took about 3 rounds of handloading to make it desert plate accurate a 500 yards. Did a sqaure on heart shot on a deer at 350 yards this year.

Worried about the mag, buy a spare. Since it's an afforadable gun for what it is, get the stainless one. Personally, I like to buy american guns. My favorite is the remmington 700, ruger 77, and savage 111. However, I have no need for anything but a brush gun myself.

·
I'll Take Point
73 Posts
I've owned many Tikka rifles over the years and, as the others have stated, you most definitely will not be disappointed in them. For the money, the Tikka line is an outstanding combination of quality, accuracy and custom features in a production rifle. Buy it!

Capa

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just bought one a few months ago and it is a very accurate rifle, the plastic mag is extremely durable so you don't have to worry about that. The clerk at my gun shop threw the mag into a wall and then stepped on it just to prove to me how solid it was... his boss wasn't very impressed ahhahaha. The trigger can be adjusted to a crisp 2lbs and it doesn't have any slack at all, I recommend this rifle to anyone.

·
the righteous warrior
598 Posts
yes

reliable, well engineered, strong sensible construction, accurate "out of the box", very cool looking. well documented field use.

reasonably priced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all for you input and to sailinghudson25 buying American is not an importance of mine being Australian, but good to see a sense of patriotism all the same. At this point it looks like i will side with the light version in stainless.

·
PreparationInBubbaNation
2,503 Posts
any help is appreciated
donkey
Yes, recommend it

·
Registered
900 Posts
Tikka T3

Oh,Yeah!!! Buy it and you'll never look back. I picked one up in .308 last summer at Cabelas after going through the whole Gun Rack it put everything else to shame. I love my Rem 700 too but this thing makes even me look like an expert shot. Now I'm kicking myself I didn't get that 6.5X55 while I was at it!!!

·
Fennoscandia
228 Posts
Highly recommended. I have a T3 Hunter in .222 Rem. Good value for the money, I'd say. You get a Sako barrel etc for a lot fewer dineros. I'm saving up to buy another in 6,5x55 Swedish.

Here's some photos from a range day last winter.

Group of three shots at 100 m:

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
My Dad owned a .308 Tikka Varmint Master I think it was. It shot 1/3 MOA out to 300 yards. He traded it for a .223 Master Sporter, which the previous owner claimed 1/4 MOA at 100 with handloads that it liked.

They are very nice rifles, made on former SAKO equipment.

·
Fennoscandia
228 Posts
My Dad owned a .308 Tikka Varmint Master I think it was. It shot 1/3 MOA out to 300 yards. He traded it for a .223 Master Sporter, which the previous owner claimed 1/4 MOA at 100 with handloads that it liked.

They are very nice rifles, made on former SAKO equipment.
Correction: made on current Sako equipment. Both brands roll out of the one and the same Sako factory in Riihimäki, Finland.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I own two, can't believe the quality/price ratio. all you have to do is work the bolt and dry fire it to realize it blows away every other sub $1000 boltgun

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Tikka T3 Hunter in .308. Seems very high quality and shoots straight. I got a five round magazine for it and put a 10X tactical scope on it. Its cool for me.

·
Plays best, alone
4,948 Posts
I would buy it in a heartbeat. If you can I would get the one with iron sights in their lineup. It's called the Battue. They maybe available to you. I never see them here so I think we don't import them. I like my rifles to have irons in addition to a scope.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts