Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parke Davis Throat Discs. Anyone remember them?

They used to be the best for sore throats. But one needs a certain amount of seniority to remember them. I always wondered why they went away. Then looking around the web today a stray browser hit brought up an article about them and I discovered the FDA did not like the chloroform that was in them.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,581 Posts
I remember the Parke Davis kind, never really liked them

The Smith Bros I loved, just like candy. I never really thought they had any kind of medicine in them though as they never seemed to work

The Fisherman's Friend I still use, they work! Walgreens sells them. The cherry are a little better than the regular.....if you can find them. They will open you up!

Of course back then, you could buy codeine cough syrup right off the shelf at the pharmacy

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,694 Posts
Look into slippery elm lozenges for sore throats.

Reactions: SoJ_51

·
Indefatigable
20,126 Posts
Look into slippery elm lozenges for sore throats.
THIS right here! Weird at first, a funny texture on the tongue, they leave an almost flour-like coating. But holy cow do they work!
I first tried them back in the 80's and the only place I could find them was at a health food store. Now they are at Walgreens, Walmarts, Target. Look for Thayers Slippery Elm Lozenges in a bright pink pkg, tin or box :thumb:

Reactions: IamZeke

·
Registered
7 Posts
Throat discs

I'm 63 and I remember those throat discs and they really worked; I had forgotten about those. I am going look into those slippery elm lozenges. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts