Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So obviously the Romanian AK didn't have a muzzle brake. Some people online mentioned it and I asked about it at the gun store where i bought the weapon in the first place. They apologized after seeing mine, and removed the thread protector (held in place by a small weld), revealing a perfectly threaded muzzle. They swapped the protector out for a slant brake from another AK-47.. here's me after I took it off and replaced it after an inspection.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The slant brake was designed for full auto fire. On most Aks I have not found much need for the brake. If you can find a chinese bird cage it was a nice one. Some of the later brakes/suppressors were really bulky. Remember the threads are left handed not right handed like US made products. You screw them on like counter clockwise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Video of my muzzle break test!

The slant brake was designed for full auto fire. On most Aks I have not found much need for the brake. If you can find a chinese bird cage it was a nice one. Some of the later brakes/suppressors were really bulky. Remember the threads are left handed not right handed like US made products. You screw them on like counter clockwise.
Yes.. I know.. but it works great. The gun twisted before when firing.. now it doesn't. It is an angled break. Check out the video!

My AK-47 was sold to me accidentally without a muzzle brake. Old West Guns in Kearney fixed this and gave me a new brake. This video explains what it does and shows me firing my more controllable AK-47 Assault Riffle.

Love,

Antioch

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Gunbroker has some AK grenade launcher stubs right now for 47 and 74. I think the practice rockets and some blanks could make for a fun afternoon. I saw a can thing a long time ago to launch golf balls from an AR. I think they should make tennis ball ones for spastic dogs like mine.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gunbroker has some AK grenade launcher stubs right now for 47 and 74. I think the practice rockets and some blanks could make for a fun afternoon. I saw a can thing a long time ago to launch golf balls from an AR. I think they should make tennis ball ones for spastic dogs like mine.......
LOL... would have been it.. but it needed 10 characters.

·
Talk To The Hand
658 Posts
[quote from video] "Do not touch the metal . . . ."

Been there--done that! Oo--weeeeee!!

I have the exact same muzzle brake, it seems to do OK. Any idea if it also hides muzzle flash? That's a tactical concern for me.

I also noticed that you kind of crooked your arm over the buttstock rather than nudge it against your shoulder/arm. Is that just something *you* do--or is a different/better way to the hold the AK that I've missed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's just the way I shoot.. although most of the time, I try and stick with the Soviet AKM manual instructions that I got on Ebay. :)

·
Registered
34,645 Posts
AKbuilder has some muzzle breaks...

(Last time I was there I didn't see birdcages... but I've bought like 20 of them from them in months past... don't know if they were just temp out of stock or what?)

The Birdcages are GOOD at reducting muzzle flash (Compared it at night)

And @ $10 hard to beat...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AKbuilder has some muzzle breaks...

(Last time I was there I didn't see birdcages... but I've bought like 20 of them from them in months past... don't know if they were just temp out of stock or what?)

The Birdcages are GOOD at reducting muzzle flash (Compared it at night)

And @ $10 hard to beat...
Yes, you're right about the flash reduction..

I should have elabrorated on my reply to you earlier. In truth I don't think I normally have my elbow as high as i was that day I shot that video.. but the thing is... shooting on a broken leg.. and trying to be as accurate as possible for the MB test, I was trying to just keep the rifle as steady as possible as I can't kneel known on my right leg at the moment.. tried it today in fact and it was damned painful... but I digress. So basically it was just an attempt to keep the rifle as straight as possible while minding the leg.... Thanks for the tip on accessories. I'm actually interested in replacing the existing stock, and getting a new rear side mounted strap mount, as I prefer the left-sided style to the under the stalk kind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
additonal thought...

I saw a guy firing his gun.. and I believe he was someone from AKBuilder.. the weapon was ridiculously outfitted.. looking like it belonged in some science fiction movie.. Honestly, I like the antique style of the traditional AKM, and really think it has a lot more character and beauty than the star wars style that some of the folks there like... no offense.. lol

·
Registered
34,645 Posts
additonal thought...

I saw a guy firing his gun.. and I believe he was someone from AKBuilder.. the weapon was ridiculously outfitted.. looking like it belonged in some science fiction movie.. Honestly, I like the antique style of the traditional AKM, and really think it has a lot more character and beauty than the star wars style that some of the folks there like... no offense.. lol
I think you confiused me with someone else in post 10!

As to AK's:

They need a couple things:

Sling (I prefer a Blue FOrce Gear Single point)
Light (Pentagon on my priimary right now)
Red dot or Tritium sites (I perfer XS Bigdots and an Aimpoint on an Ultimak rail)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you confiused me with someone else in post 10!

As to AK's:

They need a couple things:

Sling (I prefer a Blue FOrce Gear Single point)
Light (Pentagon on my priimary right now)
Red dot or Tritium sites (I perfer XS Bigdots and an Aimpoint on an Ultimak rail)
Yes, sorry. I'd been awake for around 27 hours.. I was kind of dragging. Thanks for the recommendations!

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i have a wedge brake and a cylindrical orange cap that screws in place as well. it comes from my airsoft AK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts