Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Call-Sign: Reaper
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into this knife as my new EDC, just wanted to know if any of you own one or have had experience with S30V steel.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
Though I have no interest in an assisted opening design, S30V is an outstanding knife steel. It generally adds at least 50% to price of same model knife with a 440c or AUS-8 type steels, which are pretty fine in their own rights.

My Spyderco Military uses the S30v, scary sharp, holds edge well, somewhat longer to sharpen than 440c, but not excessively so.

- OS

·
Gone Fishin'
803 Posts
The Blur is a nice knife. Carries well and fires super fast with the speed assist. The Steel is great, you will have no issues.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
I picked up the Tanto Blur on whim. It opens with authority, came out of the box really sharp and is nice and light with a good texture on the grip. IMO it's more of a self defence style blade than a work/utility knife.

I'm becoming a fan of Kershaw knives. I have the "Needs Work", Tanto Blur, and the The Crown, happy with all them so far. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Ranger
475 Posts
Anyone who gets the Blur, or any knife with a recurve blade, should also get a Spydero Sharpmaker or a crock stick style sharpener. That makes it easy to folow the curves.

CPM S30V is a great steel. It works best with a highly polished edge. As a final step in sharpening wrap some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper around a pencil and use it like a hone steel.

·
Survivalist
394 Posts
I love the kershaw blur i have owned multi knifes and usally give them away as a gift cuz ppl love them so much. But they are quick to draw and hold an edge very long. Kershaw makes very good knives in general for decent prices. i like the military style knife it has an awesome sheath and would be great for concealment. http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=146

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts