Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m thinking of buying a food storage package from Sorbent Systems. The only thing it´s "window bags". The good thing is of course I can check the food for bugs and mold and the bad thing is obviusly that it lets through light. This shouldn´t be an issue though as it´s going in buckets and then I´ll store in the dark anyway. Any toughts?

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I´m thinking of buying a food storage package from Sorbent Systems. The only thing it´s "window bags". The good thing is of course I can check the food for bugs and mold and the bad thing is obviusly that it lets through light. This shouldn´t be an issue though as it´s going in buckets and then I´ll store in the dark anyway. Any toughts?

I pulled a bit of information off the Sorbent Systems web site. If you intend to use the bags with oxygen absorbers it could be bit of an issue as they use two different types of film to give you the window. Only one of them is a "high oxygen barrier" just some thing to think about.

Kevin.

From Sorbent web site:
http://www.sorbentsystems.com/vistabag.html

"We use the term Vista™ Bag to denote the characteristic achieved when we replace one side of any pouch or bag with a clear material, usually PAKPM4 (good moisture barrier) or PAKVAC3.0 and PAKVAC5.0 (high oxygen barrier) to provide a clear panel for product viewing."

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I was thinking of:
"Food Storage Special: P/N: PPK145VITO Size: 15" x 16.25"
100 bags (145VST16ID) plus 200 each 200cc Oxygen Absorbers (use 2 per window bag) + 20 Oxygen Indicators. $99.50"

I suppose the oxygen issue has been thought on by them since they sell them together.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has an opinion. Usually not a problem to get one here but this thread was slow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts