Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys need a little help here. Just wanted to know what you thought about magpul accs, wanting to upgrade my rock river car 15 with new furnature. Is it that much better than factory or is it just tacticool stuff as i have no experiance with magpul any opinions would be app. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
You prolly already have the feeling, That this is up to you.
Do you want a basic no nonsence down and dirty rifle or do you want to personalize it?
Magpul makes some great stuff and wieght savings is always a bonus. I had to personalize mine with what i wanted and did'nt worry about the extra wieght. most magpul stuff is lighter than stock i think, non of my mods are magpul.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
I use a lot of their products. Everything I have purchased has been straight to the point, solid, and the same or lighter then stock.

My favorite is the BAD lever - game changer in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Magpul makes great products, that said frankly most stuff made these days for rifles are nothing more then your gf/wifes pretty drapes she just has to have. I believe the majority of people feel they need to have a rifle with optics, X3 magnifirer, two lights, tacticool grip etc.

This is all fine and good but 95% of the people with all the goods have no blatent idea what they are doing with the damn things in the first place. That said frankly the only real dedicated thing you should have is a good optic, the stocks, handgrips and everything else are either gravey, or pretty parts for your gun. Honestly I find most of it unesssary, and after buying lots of crap have take lots of stuff off my rifle to keep it light and reliable, same went with my AK when I went back to it.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I just bought a magpul forearm grip, and I like it a lot better then rail systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts