Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The world seems to be in a tizzy about the US and Iran. In all honesty, this has been a long time coming. This issue goes back to at least the 1970s when the Shaw was overthrown. Then there was the hostage situation. Make matters worse Obama eased sanctions on Iran.

I just do not know what the long term effects will be. Where does China and Russia stand in all of this?

·
Amat victoria curam
1,374 Posts
China and Russia imho are the kids in the hall yelling fight fight fight, or the guy yelling "worldstar" in the background. All fun and games till they get caught up in it.

·
Come and Take Them!
3,030 Posts
The world seems to be in a tizzy about the US and Iran. In all honesty, this has been a long time coming. This issue goes back to at least the 1970s when the Shaw was overthrown. Then there was the hostage situation. Make matters worse Obama eased sanctions on Iran.

I just do not know what the long term effects will be. Where does China and Russia stand in all of this?
China and Russia would probably love to see a proxy fight for them between US and Iran. I think Trump was brilliant calling off the strike when he learned it would most likely kill 150 people. He needs to make a retaliation, but he is right about it needing to be proportional.

Maybe an oil refinery would be appropriate after sending clear message for personnel to abandon the premise?? :D::D:

·
reluctant sinner
17,912 Posts
I'm not convinced it isn't some BS NWO/SWAMP false flag operation. That tanker with the labeled mine picture looked hokey to me. It was way above the water line even if the ship was full.

How much service life was left in that drone? Remember when we launched a bunch of tomahawks over there somewhere - they were due for certification - cheaper to launch.

So tell me how we improved Libya?

·
American fearmaker
14,246 Posts
Trump is not going to let world opinion direct his actions. He's also not going to let what Democrats think also direct his actions. Trump is going to do what he thinks is right and appropriate. Trump is cunning, more cunning than any other man since Eisenhower to sit in the White House. He will take his time, analyze the problem and use the appropriate amount of force to get his message across to the mullahs of Iran.

When Trump delivers his message to the mullahs, you can believe that the message will be received by the right people and his full impact will be understood. Outside elements will be smart to stand aside and keep to themselves.

Trump will also wait and bide his time as needed. With Trump, timing is as important as delivering a crystal clear message. So Trump will couple timing, the right amount and type of force and who the force is directed at along with warnings to outside provocateur elements to mind their own business. When he's done he will also wait to see what Iran does next.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
34,128 Posts
I'm not convinced it isn't some BS NWO/SWAMP false flag operation. That tanker with the labeled mine picture looked hokey to me. It was way above the water line even if the ship was full.

How much service life was left in that drone? Remember when we launched a bunch of tomahawks over there somewhere - they were due for certification - cheaper to launch.

So tell me how we improved Libya?
That drone variant is quite new. Only a couple years old.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a28120333/mq-4-triton/

The US shot down several of their drones over Syria a couple yrs ago.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a27001/syria-iran-drone-shaheed-129/

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
My thoughts...

This escalation BS is just that - BS.

Why would Iran attack but not sink the tankers? The tankers have holes in them... above the waterline.. Why? Wtf is the point of that? The only logical reason is that blowing up and sinking those ships would likely result in those tankers sinking, and leaking oil... fouling thousands of miles of their own shoreline...

More importantly.... One tanker is Japanese-owned the other Norwegian-owned. Both Japan and Norway have their own navies... and there is international law and courts to deal with Iran... We have no need to be involved with this AT ALL.

Iran shoots down a drone in their airspace... Now I'm no "fan of Iran"... but had an Iranian drone been flying over Hawaii... what are the odds we'd have shot it down?

Any Constitution & sovereign Republic defending person here thinking there's something wrong with Iran defending their sovereign airspace is being a plain hypocrite.

The Founders and Framers intended for the USA to be a non-interventionist and neutral nation... and we HAVE to stop neoconservatives and liberal interventionists from doing this crap.

Trump is adamant that NATO members pay more... well, they also need to DO MORE. Like getting involved...

This whole thing REEKS of a setup.

Why Iran now?

Here's why I think WHY:

“We’re going to take down seven countries in five years. We’re going to start with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, then Libya, Somalia, Sudan. We’re going to come back and get Iran in five years.”

~ General Wesley Clark

What do these seven countries have in common? … None of them are among the 56 member banks of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). That evidently puts them outside the long regulatory arm of the central bankers’ central bank in Switzerland. The most renegade of the lot could be Libya and Iraq, the two that have actually been attacked.

Look at the sequence of events...
  • In October 2000, Iraq insisted on dumping the U.S. dollar—the currency of the enemy—for the more multilateral euro.” Suddenly they had WMD and yellow cake.
  • In February 2006, Syria dropped the dollar as its primary hard currency. Suddenly they were supporting terrorists and had training camps.

• In 2011 Libya (Moammar Gadhafi) initiated a movement to refuse the dollar and the euro, and called on Arab and African nations to use a new currency instead, the gold dinar. Suddenly he was a dictator to his people, when his government provided free healthcare, education, housing and annual stipends.

• Last week, Iran switched from the dollar to the euro. Suddenly we have to go to war with them...

Anybody see the obvious pattern here??

This isn't about politics... it's about the $USD and central banking...

This scene is more accurate than people know...

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
My thought is Iran could be a modern prosperous nation if it stopped trying to dominate its people and region. That there is no good reason for the escalation from Iran recently with attacks on tankers and shooting down our drone. Poorly run country with darn near cult religious leaders.

My additional thoughts are at some point the US is going to respond to these probes of our resolve. Perhaps a destruction of missile batteries and Iran's naval capacity. No good reason to invade Iran.

·
Let the Debate begin
6,453 Posts

China does not want the US to fight Iran.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/07/18/568465/Iran-oil-exports-China-US-sanctions-yuan-dollar

Iran is well-placed to rise to the occasion when China needs an extra 500,000 barrels a day in 2018 and 400,000 barrels a day in 2019, according to the International Energy Agency’s latest monthly report.
China, Iran’s biggest trade partner, will reportedly facilitate purchases through its Bank of Kunlun which has very limited exposure to the US financial system and its dollar.
Chinese buyers currently deposit payments for Iranian oil at Kunlun. During previous sanctions the bank processed tens of billion dollars worth of oil transactions with Iran, mostly in euros and Chinese renminbi.
New sanctions also give China leverage to demand oil imports be priced in yuan as the world’s largest importer of crude, in a further blow to the dollar’s liquidity.

I suspect that Trump may be using this in his negotiations with China.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
China does not want the US to fight Iran.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/07/18/568465/Iran-oil-exports-China-US-sanctions-yuan-dollar

Iran is well-placed to rise to the occasion when China needs an extra 500,000 barrels a day in 2018 and 400,000 barrels a day in 2019, according to the International Energy Agency’s latest monthly report.
China, Iran’s biggest trade partner, will reportedly facilitate purchases through its Bank of Kunlun which has very limited exposure to the US financial system and its dollar.
Chinese buyers currently deposit payments for Iranian oil at Kunlun. During previous sanctions the bank processed tens of billion dollars worth of oil transactions with Iran, mostly in euros and Chinese renminbi.
New sanctions also give China leverage to demand oil imports be priced in yuan as the world’s largest importer of crude, in a further blow to the dollar’s liquidity.

I suspect that Trump may be using this in his negotiations with China.

China sees Iran as a key trading partner in its On Belt One Road initiative... Iran moving towards better relations with China literally ensures Chinese access to the Middle East Oil and breaking down the Saudi/US Petrodollar relationship.

https://thediplomat.com/2016/10/china-iran-and-one-belt-one-road/

In October 2016, Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Sun Weidong, in an interview, welcomed the prospect of enhanced cooperation with Iran on the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

The flagship project is an integral component of China’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative, which seeks to promote greater regional connectivity within Asia and includes the land-based Silk Road Economic Belt and the Maritime Silk Road.

The inclusion of a strategically and geographically significant country such as Iran hints at an important aspect of Chinese economic policy, which is not limited to outsourcing industrial capacity through the CPEC only.
Enjoying this article? Click here to subscribe for full access. Just $5 a month.

It fits into the rationale of gaining greater access into the oil-rich Middle East, where six of the states in the region are integral members of OPEC and have historically been allied with the United States due to their political, economic, and strategic interests.

For China, the need to offset U.S. economic interests in the Gulf requires more states to become a part of OBOR-related initiatives, with Iran acting as an important stakeholder given its geographical proximity to the region and its fractious relationship with the United States.

China’s salient and long-standing principle of respecting territorial sovereignty and forging relationships with states based upon mutual cooperation and peaceful coexistence also acts as an added incentive for Iran.
This is China executing on its big picture, long term plan... which doesn't include the US. What the US is doing is about preserving the status quo, which we used to do with overt economic leverage (sanctions), or covert manipulation (CIA nation building). those leverage forms are quickly drying up for the USA, so the next leverage form is overt because it needs public support.

Queue the war drums.

Reactions: squirrel870

·
American fearmaker
14,246 Posts
Iran is well-placed to rise to the occasion when China needs an extra 500,000 barrels a day in 2018 and 400,000 barrels a day in 2019, according to the International Energy Agency’s latest monthly report. This is common thinking with the SE Asian population which doesn't really follow to be true. People in southeast Asia are more adaptive than most other people around the world. You could shut off their entire supply of gasoline forever and they would come up with something else to power their engines and waterwheels for their rice crops.

I've been over there and I've seen people actually walking on waterwheels to get water into their rice paddies so that their crops would grow. With the Red Chinese Army if you analyze it, carefully analyze it, you'll figure out that their Army is designed to move via Shank's Mare or by marching. They are no longer set up to go great distances with horses or go with vehicles because they believe in the most basic of ways and things for getting things done and that means marching. That also means that they are not really interested in doing much overseas.

Sure, while the Chinese military does have a Navy and they do have a certain amount of capacity to go overseas, they just do not have the resources or ultra-modern electronics and defense capabilities that we or the Russians have in our arsenals. Their forces are aimed at short hops rather than long junkets or trips. Those short hops are aimed right at the Rice Bowl too. If the Chinese military forces ever do get motivated, they're going to pound Viet Nam, Cambodia and Laos until they become new Chinese provinces. That Rice Bowl is what China is now planning and looking to take to feed all sorts of hungry mouths in their country. So gasoline is not as high a priority as most people think it is for the Chinese. Food is their biggest worry in both the long and short term.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That drone variant is quite new. Only a couple years old.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a28120333/mq-4-triton/

The US shot down several of their drones over Syria a couple yrs ago.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a27001/syria-iran-drone-shaheed-129/
Some more good reading about this drone variant, including it's serial number and where it came from at the link below. It was even a demonstrator model.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...hat-it-shot-down-a-u-s-rq-4-global-hawk-drone

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Why would Iran attack but not sink the tankers? The tankers have holes in them... above the waterline.. Why? Wtf is the point of that? The only logical reason is that blowing up and sinking those ships would likely result in those tankers sinking, and leaking oil... fouling thousands of miles of their own shoreline...
It seems to me that you answered your own question

Iran shoots down a drone in their airspace... Now I'm no "fan of Iran"... but had an Iranian drone been flying over Hawaii... what are the odds we'd have shot it down?
Was in international waters, not their airspace.

Why Iran now?
Because a nuclear armed Iran is quite literally giving terrorists access to nuclear weapons. You can deal with Iran now, or later. Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
All these wars, no matter what pretence, is only good for serving the interests, and lining the pockets of the internationalist oligarchs that make up the socalled deep state, nwo, empire, or whatever else you want to call them!
These globalist criminals have bought our politicians, our media, control out finances and industry, and play the rest of us as pawns on a chessboard. They are not only embedded in the US, but in virtually all countries of the world, where they cooperate for their common benefits.
You can be sure their slimy brothers are deeply embedded in Iran as well, where they play the role as patriotic supporters of the state, while poisoning the minds of the people.
If it is beneficial to them, they have no problem sacrificing their country of residence, and after having moved their capital abroad, they simply move from the ruins that used to be their home.
They have virtually destroyed Europe over the years since the end of ww2, and now they are doing it to the US.
Billions of these peoples assets are currently being transferred from the US and into bank accounts in China, Russia, Brazil and other places they plan to set up shop when the US goes belly up..

Its simple really; Either we realize whats going on and do something about it, or we pay the price. The consequences of doing nothing will be dire!!

·
Let the Debate begin
6,453 Posts
Russia does not want us to attack Iran.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...ties-to-challenge-trump-and-the-united-states

In recent months, Russia has followed through by deflecting punitive actions against Iran proposed by Western nations at the United Nations. On February 26th, Russia vetoed a resolution, proposed by the U.K. and backed by the United States, that charged Tehran with violating an arms embargo on Yemen. A U.N. report in January linked Iran with missiles fired by Yemen’s Houthi rebels at Saudi Arabia. Russia’s U.N. envoy charged the report was “selective and contentious.”
In January, Russia, China, and France criticized the United States when it convened a Security Council session to assail Iran’s crackdown on street protests sparked by price hikes and unemployment. The Russian U.N. envoy countered by asking why the world body had not taken up the U.S. police response to the Black Lives Matter protests in Ferguson, Missouri.
“After the nuclear deal, in 2015, Putin worried about rapprochement between Iran and the United States,” Vaez told me. “He had an interest in preventing that, which coincided with [their coördination in] Syria. A lot has changed. Russia is now Iran’s most important and powerful ally.”

Every time Trump makes a move against Russia, many say he is war Mongering.

Trump sent missiles to Syria.
We killed Russians in Syria.
Yet we are not at war with Russia despite the hysteria that caused.
Trump is negotiating Chess moves against China and Russia while most of
his critics interpret them as checkers.

Trump's critics miss the Obama ploy of apologize and surrender.

·
That'll be the day...
3,932 Posts
If the US stands down (which I believe will happen, as Trump does not want or need a war right now), Israel will eventually deal with them. A Middle-eastern War is on the horizon.

The US, Russia, China and Europe will sit around and watch, because any of their involvement will spark WW3.

Yep, Israel will come out on top. The IDF is formidable, despite being a nation of only 6 million, and none of their neighbors come even close. At the end of 2018, just their Air Force consists of fifty-eight F-15-A and -C model air superiority fighters, twenty-five F-15I strike fighters, and 312 F-16 multirole fighters. Not to mention over 400 nuclear weapons.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

RQ-4 Drone (Similar to the MQ-4)

So the Drone in question is an unarmed surveillance drone and is not configured to carry weapons, as its role is long term, precision surveillance. These $100 Million Dollar wonders have taken over many of the patrol duties of the manned aircraft, like the $150 Million Dollar manned P8 Poseidon aircraft, which has a attack capability as well.

These drones can radar and image map a country the size of South Korea within a 24 hour period and the drone can fly for over 24 hours without refueling.

P-8 Poseidon dropping an anti-submarine torpedo

What's the Why

Many have speculated as to what the "Why" is here. From the Iranian point of view, either they are trying to provoke a confrontation or they are being framed. Either way, the Iranian regime is their own worst enemy and apparently easy to manipulate.

The United States sent the Japanese Prime Minister to Japan that week to negotiate on its behalf. Attacking a Japanese tanker, at that moment, could have just been a brutish signal to the Japanese, that their oil from the Gulf can be shut down, as it pleases Iran. Alternatively, someone else could have done it, to sabotage the talks, etc. Average people won't ever know the truth.

From the John Boltons of the world, Iran is just another war for fun and profit, for them and their buddies. Still can't believe that Trump hired Bolton, who is fricken nut case and just about always wrong. By disrupting the supply of oil, both Europe, Japan and China would be forced to sign new, long term contracts with American oil exporters, to replace this lost oil.

Furthermore, by taking Iran's customers away, this will put further pressure on the Iranians to do what the United States says, or else. Besides oil, Iran doesn't make a lot of stuff other people want to buy on the world market.

Trump Plays Smart

Trump gave the Iranians an "Out" which would have allowed them to say, "After investigating the incident, General "Isagoat****er" has been demoted for shooting down a drone in international airspace, etc., etc." Nothing real has to happen to the guy who gets blamed, they just need to put on a show and say, "Oops", maybe even "Sorry". The Mullahs aren't that smart though.

Trump's publicly stated, "I stopped the attack" talk, has further telegraphed what the U.S. might do. This should spur the Mullahs to immediate action. Since they control the press in Iran, they can release the statement in English on foreign soil, in front of the U.N. and the average Iranian isn't going to know or care, etc. But like I said, they aren't that smart.

Tucker Carlson pretty much summed it up brilliantly here. I recommend that you like and share this video with as many folks as possible.

https://youtu.be/-c0jMsspE7Y

No Small Injuries

If Trump decides to strike the Iranians and start a shooting war, that's going to sink him politically and in the short term, tank the stock market and the commodities market, etc.

And this would be for what gain? Iran is a S-Hole country now after 40 years of the rule of the Mullahs. Bombing a couple of airfields would do nothing in the great scheme of things, but make everything worse.

This "Proportionate Response Crap" has got to go. If and when, the United States decides to strike Iran, the targets need to start with burning down all of their Command and Control capability, which they use to run the country and operate. At the top of this list is 100% of the senior leadership, kill them all, where they sleep, no excuses.

With a damaged and/or dead leadership, keeping control of the masses is going to be very hard. This should negate any nationalist fervor that missile and airstrikes will cause and direct people's anger at the remains of the government. A little communication, intel and logistics can be used to tip the balance of power in favor of the group or groups we want to prevail.

Trump is the Good Guy

Trump the "Hitler Like, ****-women hating, air polluting, evil doer", decided he didn't want to kill 150 people, who had nothing directly to do with shooting down an unmanned drone. This simple act of humanity, to the Neo Cons and the Left, means Trump is not fit to be a leader. Which is all you really need to know about Trump's opponents in the press and within and outside the Republican Party.

I love it when the media and the "Think Tank" crowd beats the drums of war. maybe we should have a special emergency draft law, so these folks can be first on the front lines, when war comes.

Yes, their are things worth dying for, but this isn't one of them. Sorry Globalists Bankers, you lose, for now.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
The Iranians now see their path to continue expanding their dominance in the Middle East. The saudis now see that they might have to look somewhere else to help with security threats. Russia? Hey if you can’t beat them join the new power broker. Turkey has now resolved any possible anxieties about pushing the US away and partnering with China and Russia to set up an alternative to the current global dollar currency.

The Europeans now see that they have no choice but to be more militarily assertive and stop living in fantasy land. The question is will they mend their difference with us and be friends or will they be our competitors. All in all I guess it was an eye opening experience. There is no doubt anymore. We are done in the Middle East. So now we get to see exactly what that means.

·
Psalm 23:4
2,891 Posts
Iranian Islamic fundamentalist leaders preach the destruction of the US. Odd considering we helped initiate the chain of events that brought them to power. They sponsor terrorism. Machine gun their own people who protest anything. Enslave their women and abuse their children. Constantly attempt to control the oil market through threats and force. I would not shed a tear to see them wiped off the planet.

That said, it's better to let sand people fight each other, which they have done for centuries when they don't have us to fight. If we need to take out the trash, it can be done with air power and ballistic missiles. Hit it, quit it, and don't say a word.

Making a big media spectacle is stupid. Trump is an attention whore coming off the heels of an even worse POTUS who destabilized western friendly nations like Egypt by sponsoring the "Arab Spring" and supporting the rise of ISIS.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts