Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to get a Rugar SR9C. This will be my first Pistol. Have only used .38 revolvers. I wanted a compact, and this seems to fit my hand like a glove (i've got my mom's small hands, lol.) Did look at the Glock 19 first. But, there was somthing about the Glock that didn't feel right in my hand. Any personal thoughts from users of the SR9?

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
I got a sr9c. I love it. I got mine in stainless. I would recommend stainless as they arent charging you anymore for it. I got mine NIB with all the goodies for 395 out the door. It is a great pistol, it feels much better in the hand than the old p-series. Finally ruger has stepped into the tactical world. It is a great little pistol, you will not be disappointed. My wife actually wants one now and she has a beretta as her edc. We will not get rid of the beretta, because in my mind beretta perfected the 9mm. It is a 92fs. A friend of mine got a full size sr9, she loves it. It has everything she wants. Stainless, plenty of rounds, ergonomics, and a rail. It also has plenty of rounds. It is pretty much beretta quality with ruger pricing, imo. I am not a fan of glocks, period. They have no safety. That trigger is not a safety, sorry glock people. I cc with my pistol pointed at my man hood all day. I want safety. The sr9 has the glock style trigger, the hammer stays half cocked and full cocks and releases with the trigger pull. The flip safety completely disable the trigger and slide. It has the tactile, red rod that pops up when chambered so you dont even have to touch the pistol to see if it is loaded. It is just an all around great pistol. It is also rated +p+. There fore you can shoot just about any 9mm round out of it with no worry. Another good thing is, unlike a glock and a few other pistols, you do not have to pull the trigger to take the system apart. Which saves people from accidental discharges. Yes, the best safeties are you brain and trigger finger, but there are plenty of dumb-masses out there. It is a great system. I would recommend it to anyone. Experienced or not.

·
Farm Security for Hire
305 Posts
I have the full-sized SR9, and I love it. I carry it almost every day in a FOBUS paddle holster or a Galco IWB, depending on what I'm wearing.

I love everything about it. For what it is, and what it costs, there isn't a better handgun out there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, i'm getting the stainless. The cost will be $420.00. But hay, it's a local dealer. Comes with a 10 and 17 round clip. Plan on getting another 17 round clip at time of purchase.
Good cleaning after purchase you say? I do plan on pumping about 100-150 rounds when i christen it.
I'm glad to hear you kids love it. Great, and thanks!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Magazine not clip. Not a bad price, either. Ruger has good customer service. Glock 19 is the king of Compact 9mm handguns. Nothing approaches their durability, reliability or handling. It's the world standard now. The SR9C is a good little handgun that shoots pretty soft. I don't like the sights, loaded chamber indicator or the safety lever but it shoots good and works.

A lot of people tend to judge a gun by how it feels (especially in one hand)when they don't even know how to shoot one yet.

·
OTP Rebel
997 Posts
Magazine not clip. Not a bad price, either. Ruger has good customer service. Glock 19 is the king of Compact 9mm handguns. Nothing approaches their durability, reliability or handling. It's the world standard now. The SR9C is a good little handgun that shoots pretty soft. I don't like the sights, loaded chamber indicator or the safety lever but it shoots good and works.

A lot of people tend to judge a gun by how it feels (especially in one hand)when they don't even know how to shoot one yet.
You hit the primer on that one

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love mine, i got mine in all black another good thing is that glock 19 holsters fit it perfect i edc mine everyday and have put hundreds of rounds though it. the only thing i dont care for is the slide release it dont have one it is just a slide lock but that aint much to bitch about its a all around great little shooter

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I love my SR9, and so do all my range buddies. It shoots like a dream. Very accurate right out of the box, I've never made any adjustments. It's easy to disassemble and clean. It shoots every brand I can put through it with out fail.

Last week at the range one of my buddies discovered a shell in his pocket. He'd already reloaded his XD9 sub with his HPs because he's a concealed carry holder, but I was just putting mine away. He asked if he could shoot my pistol one last time so I handed him an empty clip and the pistol and he loaded one round in it, put a fresh silhouette up and pushed the target back to 50 feet. Took aim, fired, and had a shot dead center on the forehead of the target. He's considering buying a SR9 as we speak.

I've put thousands of rounds through my SR9 and I swear it shoots better every time I put a clip in. One thing I don't like is that extra mags are expensive. I've got 3 mags for mine, but I'd like to have a couple more at least. If anyone knows of a reliable mag, other than the 40 dollar factory originals, I'd be much pleased to hear about them.

That's good to know about the holsters coolbreeze, as holsters labeled as fitting the SR9 specifically are rare and hard to find. Now I know I can look for the Glock 19. Thanks for that tidbit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife loves her's and picked it out after looking as many others (Glock 19, Sig Sauer P226, Springfield XDsc, -these are mine, as well as several others at the range). I was a little concerned because it was rather "stiff" but that has started to loosen up since we are up to about 200 rounds in it.

She says it fits her hands really well, and likes the option to shorten it up for her purse (She has the SR9c). She has smaller hands and after shooting it I only find it ok.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have both the compact and the full sized. I like the feel of the full sized better. Girlfriend likes my compact so it works for me. I carry both in a Crossbreed Supertuck or Blackhawk! Serpa. With a long shirt I can conceal with the BH! with aggressive forward cant. I almost like this better than my XDm's. :eek: I'd need an XDm in 9mm to compare though. Guess I'll have to pick one up soon. Darn! :upsidedown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts