Survivalist Forum banner

Those wild teenagers

1767 43
A local news source (Linked here: 15-year-old boy sent home with parents after parking lot gunfight, found with fully automatic handgun )

talks about a 15 year old being caught with a fully automatic pistol after a shooting with police, then being released back to his parents custody after family services got involved.

Turns out, it was a Glock 29 (10mm!?!) with a "switch" converting it to full auto.

I use to whine about the M14 on full auto.........
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Badass Moderator 🤷
10,218 Posts
And they didn't call the cops. They suspended you for a few days, you went home and got into bigger trouble, and then life went on.
Exactly. Seems like no one is impressed (or happy) these days unless there is a body count, someone's life is completely ruined before they actually get a start, or a family is bankrupted from legal fees ... 😢

· Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
67,955 Posts
A local news source (Linked here: 15-year-old boy sent home with parents after parking lot gunfight, found with fully automatic handgun )

talks about a 15 year old being caught with a fully automatic pistol after a shooting with police, then being released back to his parents custody after family services got involved.

Turns out, it was a Glock 29 (10mm!?!) with a "switch" converting it to full auto.

I use to whine about the M14 on full auto.........
Hi Bud's Gun Shop? Please send me another 500 rounds of 9mm and .223 ammo please. Thanks.

· KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
12,046 Posts
When I was a FTO in a good sized city, I told everyone of my rooks( I trained 22 there all told) that a feral 12 yr old will kill you quicker than anyone because ‘death’ means nothing to them in a context of ‘this is what happens to morons’…
Once an entire generation was spawned in a parentless household and grew up thinking the real world was Grand Theft Auto w real blood then the idea of a normal, safe living space was out the window forever…Go armed 24/7/365, train your kids and do your due diligence when out and about and you[might] make it home ea day…jmo

· Registered
3,117 Posts
"However, no federal law applies to the 15-year-old accused of being in possession of such a weapon, a spokesperson for her office said." Whiskey tango, that's got ATF written all over it, doesn't it?

Around here, the "truck gun" is a big thing, a lot of folks keep one in their vehicles. I try and advocate against it, more in favor of CCW, but my friends still do it. Too much can go wrong, kids and guns in the truck when you go in to pay for gas, or someone breaks in and steals it.

20,449 Posts
When I was a FTO in a good sized city, I told everyone of my rooks( I trained 22 there all told) that a feral 12 yr old will kill you quicker than anyone because ‘death’ means nothing to them in a context of ‘this is what happens to morons’…
Once an entire generation was spawned in a parentless household and grew up thinking the real world was Grand Theft Auto w real blood then the idea of a normal, safe living space was out the window forever…Go armed 24/7/365, train your kids and do your due diligence when out and about and you[might] make it home ea day…jmo
I was similarly trained by my FTO.

Add to that, the fact that one usually can't tell the difference between a toy gun and one that is real, especially from a distance. Then there are the morons (whom are also present on this board) who will accuse anyone of murder, who just happens to shoot a 12 year old who points said toy gun in the direction of another.

· Super Moderator
Trash Remover
7,097 Posts
The "media" overall has no understanding of weapons at all, semi auto, full auto , pump, bolt etc. etc. etc.

In the "movies" every AR- AK is full auto because they are also clueless (or pushing a certain narrative)

· Registered
2,208 Posts
I was similarly trained by my FTO.

Add to that, the fact that one usually can't tell the difference between a toy gun and one that is real, especially from a distance. Then there are the morons (whom are also present on this board) who will accuse anyone of murder, who just happens to shoot a 12 year old who points said toy gun in the direction of another.
FTO?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts