Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is a bit late i just got back to iraq where i have internet. anywho how did everyone fair in the hurricane? the wife and i had minor water damage in the house and went without electricity for 13 days.

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
Welcome back! In Corpus Christi, Tx we only had 3/4 inch of rain due to the Hurricane and we did see a temporary rise in sea level in low lying areas and the increased tide swells(big waves) damaged a couple of piers and washed away 50+ picnic tables and this was before landfall. After Ike made landfall their was stuff washing up on the beach for days all kinds of stuff that was washed out to sea from the Galveston area there was a lot of new lumber, bunk beds, vending machines, lawn furniture, childrens toys and litterally several tons of other debris.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Spoke to our guy on ground in HOuston today. He says a lot of stop lights still out around town and that makes it crazy trying to move around. Schools except for island communities coming back about now. Boliver wiped out. Parts of Galveston tore up. BOdies of missing starting to show up now inland. Don't want to start rumor mill. He just said they have found some of the missing in swampy areas north under debris. Makes sense if you have been in storm before. Glad no more people were killed than it appears to be. Biggest problem is for families like Kev's. YOu go back and find what you had built ruined.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
no rumor mill there- They've been expecting this. a few members of CT-1 saw some boats in the inlets and further offshore hauling bloated carcasses back- or the 2 and 4 legged variety.

Not to sound callus- but I think the US is now a 3rd world country. When we start to have mass drownings like when someone in Bangladesh flushes the toilet. First Katrina- now this. Once again the exact figures will never be known. I've heard estimates go as high as a thousand- but thats not something I can prove.

·
Banned
653 Posts
no rumor mill there- They've been expecting this. a few members of CT-1 saw some boats in the inlets and further offshore hauling bloated carcasses back- or the 2 and 4 legged variety.

Not to sound callus- but I think the US is now a 3rd world country. When we start to have mass drownings like when someone in Bangladesh flushes the toilet. First Katrina- now this. Once again the exact figures will never be known. I've heard estimates go as high as a thousand- but thats not something I can prove.

Stupid people stay when a hurricane is approaching, smart people leave. Therefore, stupid people end up drowning, no big loss. A little chlorine in the gene pool is a good thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts