Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this years trip was a total success, cant wait to go back

got to do some Jungle hiking, wow! beyond any words, i think i could live in the jungle for years without needing a thing, what a experience it was :)

Attachments

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a few more

Attachments

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

Where did you go?

Az
im getting a new camera, mine is well old an run down an takes bad pics

we went to Kauai, if you ever could go, GO! it was very unmodernized, the only island that still preserves natural Hawaii, Maui an the other ones are like Chicago, this place is has small little fishing villages an farms an thats it, the whole island is bascially free an open to explore anywhere an long as you want an as far as you can go, we came across numerous water falls an ponds etc an unlike where i live you can actually jump in, cliff dive, climb under the water falls as long as you can bare it(its brutel) explore any cave you find, hiking the Napali coast with 2500ft cliffs straight into the water was intimitating we dont have anything like that here in Colorado, you can camp on any beach you find, we met people there who came an camped on the beaches for free the whole time, some camped in the jungle the whole time for FREE! food was cheaper than people said it would be. all i can say is the beaches are empty an the water is warm an diving is well incredible, the fishing same, but the jungle an forest was the most incredible thing ive been around, the canopy of the forest was over a 100ft no sun made it to the ground anywhere, the bugs wont kill you, an the ants wont eat you, the culture was awsome an friendly, people support themselves, family matters, the people were conservationist not enviromentists theres a difference, it was a outdoorsman paradise!

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is Estes Park area, we are hiking a many trails as we can this year, the pine beetle is very very bad, next week we are going above the tree line, they have weird trees up there

Attachments

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Stanbox, what were the temps/humidity like in the jungles there?

I've never been in one but always hear they're extremely hot and humid.
ah man it never gets over 90 an the humidity is worse in Florida, in Kauai there are basically no bugs either, it was fantastic, an in winter the ocean temp is 76, when we went in June the water temp was about 79 -80, under waterfalls it was in the 50's,

now over there unlike the rest of the islands the Jungle is bascially free access, you can hike the entire freaking island, we saw a few private properties but not many. Kauai's main goal is to keep it natural, free an not private, but you can surely die there an no one would find you, dont get lost

go if you ever can, if your an outdoorsman you have to, you can even Bass fish the rivers with no license, lol

·
3 more years of this?
2,864 Posts
Thanks for the photos I lived in Hawaii (Oahu) for 10yrs and visited Kauai a couple of times. Did you visit Waimea Canyon or Kokee State park while you were there?

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the photos I lived in Hawaii (Oahu) for 10yrs and visited Kauai a couple of times. Did you visit Waimea Canyon or Kokee State park while you were there?
ah yea went here Waimea Canyon unbelievable,Kokee State park certainly we hiked way up top an all over, found Blackberries by the millions, but i liked better starting from the Northwest shore Okolehap trail and going down south that was the most beautiful hike, we didnt do the one from Kokee State Park to the sea cave beaches, my kids were a wee bit to small for the cliff walking so we boated there, i will certainly go back and go from Kokee to Okolehao Trail

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyway as i try to upload some photos, we went to a place called Shi Shi beach on the north Washington coast, totally unspoiled all natural beach, you have to hike through an Indian Reservation to get there with permission of course, the hike was incredible, but when we got there, to camp on the ocean was a first for me, first time using bear cans

·
J the painter
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
dang the one photo i want to show it wont go , but the last 100 ft is down old rope ladders, pretty cool i thought but the wife didnt like it, but my 10 yr daughter went down and up easily

where did i get that shirt?:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts