Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Armed Border Collie
5,901 Posts
When they grind this country into the ground with their relentless grab for money and power, most of the sheeple will go along with the regimes claim that it was caused by the people running out of money to pay more taxes and not their fault. (It's all the founding father's fault, they expected people to not be such fools).

·
Good Guy
97 Posts
Did you read the part about "If the republicans want to make this a country of deadbeats", are they serious. I think it is the other way around

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When they grind this country into the ground with their relentless grab for money and power, most of the sheeple will go along with the regimes claim that it was caused by the people running out of money to pay more taxes and not their fault. (It's all the founding father's fault, they expected people to not be such fools).
I think they figured that we would see what the heck is going on and say enough is enough. But like you say too many sheeple and not enough of us that love the republic. problem is there is no real leadership that could call the people to arms. I fear we are doomed. Oh there will be rsistance but I think only small pockets.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So just where in the 14th or the whole constution does it say obma can goaround congress to rase the dept ceiling. Congress holds the purse strings not obommer.
I don't think it does...but if congress gives the power to the president, maybe they think it will get t5hem off the hook. I just know its getting worse and worse ever day

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised. How do you think the President gains power? He doesn't just start abusing it. They "force" it on him and the poor lil guy just has no choice huh?

Old Grump, I don't think that's an accurate line of reasoning. Though, sitting there and pointing at the whole country and saying all our problems is everyones fault is probably fun. As long as it makes you feel better, right?

·
Banned
954 Posts
Everybody that voted for a Republican or a Democrat is to blame, if you didn't vote for anybody your blame is doubled.
I like my votes.

My Governor.. is awesome. Took our state from bankruptcy to over a billion in surplus. Glad I voted for him twice. Wish he was running for President.

My congressman.. is a solid conservative. Just got a conservative in to replace Evan Bayh... happy with that vote.
The other R senator is going down in flames in our primary.. and will be replaced with a solid tea party conservative.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't say I'm surprised. How do you think the President gains power? He doesn't just start abusing it. They "force" it on him and the poor lil guy just has no choice huh?

Old Grump, I don't think that's an accurate line of reasoning. Though, sitting there and pointing at the whole country and saying all our problems is everyones fault is probably fun. As long as it makes you feel better, right?
I think old grump is saying that we as a nation has allowed us to get into this mess by not demanding the best canidates. Maybe I'm wrong but that what I read into his statement.

·
Armed Border Collie
5,901 Posts
This issue is just another crisis that they "Are not letting go to waste". The nations "ruler" will just usurp another bit of power and the media will just read their talking points in support of the twisting of the constitution.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This issue is just another crisis that they "Are not letting go to waste". The nations "ruler" will just usurp another bit of power and the media will just read their talking points in support of the twisting of the constitution.
absolutely...and the sheeple will say all is well

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think old grump is saying that we as a nation has allowed us to get into this mess by not demanding the best canidates. Maybe I'm wrong but that what I read into his statement.
Well that's just too simplistic for me to be honest. It goes so far beyond that. It just seemed like he opened a can of worms but didn't go into detail. What about the all the work that went into us being dumb enough to allow it to happen. We just didn't magically let it happen. I hope I'm making sense...:xeye:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was setup in a way that they could not fail. Nearly every single President has been greasing the skids for the next President. Now we are reaching the culmination of all this work into making the laws loose and Executive Authority all mighty.

So really he is right...but I just felt it deserved more explaination than that! I hate it when I only figure out what I'm saying after I've made a fool of myself! :eek:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I am sure Washington and Jefferson would be proud don't you? The powers that be have pretty much made congress and the constitution irrelevant. Yeah....our founders would be very disappointed if they could see us now. Sad.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well that's just too simplistic for me to be honest. It goes so far beyond that. It just seemed like he opened a can of worms but didn't go into detail. What about the all the work that went into us being dumb enough to allow it to happen. We just didn't magically let it happen. I hope I'm making sense...:xeye:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was setup in a way that they could not fail. Nearly every single President has been greasing the skids for the next President. Now we are reaching the culmination of all this work into making the laws loose and Executive Authority all mighty.

So really he is right...but I just felt it deserved more explaination than that! I hate it when I only figure out what I'm saying after I've made a fool of myself! :eek:
I know the feeling sometimes I talk my self into a corner then say "I guess your right. " we all do it. but yes more explaination would have helped. It's not only the pres. setting it up for the next pres. it's also congress setting up for thneir next run. Proffesional politicians will be the death of the Republic.:mad:

·
Gravity is a Theory.
3,211 Posts
lol at the Obama bashing in this thread, Obama stated, and its even qutoed in the article, that hes NOT going to do this. It was a congressman who suggested it, be mad at him.

Not defending the Pres., but let the blame fall where its deserved.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts