Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Fighter
356 Posts
Great video. I think a lot of common thugs and gangbangers would die off pretty quickly due to greed and stupidity/lack of skills. I think my chances of running into one of these types of militias are pretty slim. There are a lot more appealing places to go than mine would appear. Some bad sounding dudes though!! I'd hate to come across 'em!

·
Anyone?
3,673 Posts
That's good stuff.
A good lesson on what to be aware of when setting up retreat security.

Here's the problem though - The intersection of people with intelligence and tactics who must resort to looting is pretty small.
I'm not saying that people like this don't exist or won't present a problem.

By all means prepare for these types of raids.

Undoubtedly, though, you'll spend most of your time picking off the schmucks with a Tec-9 held sideways and their pants hanging under their asses.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Ok I saw a clip from the movie "The Warriors", one of the worst movies anywhere.

The fantasy of survivalists who isolate themselves in the backcountry. As if you could ever have a "group" capable of withstanding a committed enemy that has surprise on their side.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Before the comments start in with "I'll kill that SOB pansy he thinks he's so hot him and his little gangbanger friends are gonna have their heads on pikes..."

Whoops. Too late.

Here's the quote from the video's description:
Read http://newamerica-now.blogspot.com/2010/11/economic-collapse-security-i-am-yo...
Resurrection of a very good old article on my blog dealing with the harsh reality of security and a world with evil men. This video is not about scaring people, but about getting people to think. We must not forget that prepping should not be limited to food, water and shelter. Our security is also a very valuable and important part of prepping. As we have seen on the nightly news prisons are being emptied and police are being cut. We should all realize that the police can not protect you. You are responsible for protecting yourself as is your right. You should consider all the threats that may confront you. You owe it to your family to be prepared.
The link will probably be broken because youtube shortens it. If it doesn't work, go to the video on youtube and click it from there.

People make videos like this to make you think. To make you aware of things you might not have thought of. They're not real gangsters making real videos threatening to come hit YOUR house.

Don't be like the guy in the first comment on the video (at youtube, not here).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Makes you think.....

Sounds like somebody read Patriots by Rawles. :thumb: If you haven't read it, you should
But the point is to make you think. This boogieman isn't roaming around with his team yet. He might be a black hat trying to spook you or a white hat trying to help you think about things in a new way. Either way, he's scary right. There are trained, smart people out there that could make some very nasty raiders if they chose to be. This topic has been addressed on this site before, as well as several books/programs (survive in place, social chaos survival guide, home defense tactics). Many fear the gang affiliated ex-servicemen and they are right to be concerned about small unit tactics used by gangs turned raiders. If it comes to that I hope you have more on your side than they do but all they have to do is catch your house on fire and you're hosed. Control your perimeter (if you can). :zombie

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My entire point for posting this video was to let you hear what some may be thinking or planning on doing when everything goes south. I never meant it to be this is going on now or they are trying to be tuff or whatever.. it was just to open your eyes some on what some are planning on doing…

I see SOME of you got that, others… well not so much… But then again they can’t see the forest due to all the trees…!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
But what some dont seem to consider is not the prepper who is well stocked or the clueless who didnt but those with miltary skills who are trying to provide for a community. Perhaps a small town or suburban neighborhood. These people may have provided for themselves and their families but now they are in a position of either giving up all they have to their neighbors or helping their community stay alive at the expense of ourtsiders.

·
Silver Wings
11,356 Posts
Let's hope these cutthroats die a painful slow death before they reach any b.o.l.

It would be difficult to defend against anything like that.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I'm sure a lots of Raiders will turn into a few as time progresses, with conflicts with people defending their lives, family, and processions.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Most of these wanna be raider types are already in and out of jails. Another reason to not let ANYONE out of prison during/after a collapse.

An old old thread someone just put to "film". Most of those types are just overweight teen boys playing video games with delusions of grandeur. Sure there will be raiders post SHTF, hell, there are raiders now. But in the long run, people demand justice - so sheriffs will be elected, posses will be assembled, and cousins with nothing to lose will hunt them down.

Fantasize all you want, but one deep-woods inbred bubba that spent his whole life hunting game would take them out (slowly).

1 - 20 of 81 Posts