Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I wish I could disagree. He's not stupid. I wish I understood what he's doing with this denial. I see Leslie Neilsen standing in front of the fireworks factory that is exploding and saying "please disperse! The show is over! There's nothing to see here!"

·
Semper Fi
8,991 Posts
I didn't watch it but what exactly is he supossed to say? We have a virus in this country and 6.5 million might die?

Cue up footage of any hurricane announcement and/or Black Friday sale to see how people will react.

No votes? So you feel any of the Dems candidates would be handling this any better if they were in office?

From what I understand though he also didn't say the virus was a hoax. Simply that the press was creating yet another hoax in that they were claiming Trump was responsible for the virus.

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,380 Posts
Proper PPE for frontline healthcare workers could be recommended using the "abundance of caution" phrase the .govs like so well.
Do the frontline healthcare workers need advice on what to do from the President? You assume they are complete idiots and need mommy to tell them what to do? They deal with infectious diseases all the time.

·
?
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't watch it but what exactly is he supossed to say? We have a virus in this country and 6.5 million might die?
No he didn't say the virus is a hoax and no he shouldn't say 6.5 million might die.

But he's smart enough to figure out a way to advise healthcare workers to protect themselves without saying 6.5 million might die. :rolleyes:

·
?
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do the frontline healthcare workers need advice on what to do from the President? You assume they are complete idiots and need mommy to tell them what to do? They deal with infectious diseases all the time.

They're not doing it thanks to the incompetent CDC. As POTUS, he can direct CDC officials to say it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If Trump doesn't get his ass in gear and get honest that with modern travel patterns, this virus is widespread in the US so that our healthcare workers are directed to wear proper PPE, he deserves ZERO votes in November.
What do you want trump to say? “Everyone load up on groceries the apocalypse is coming” then watch the ensuing riots and shootings at your local walmarts.

What is he supposed to say?

·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
Or better yet, who cares what he says.

I don't need anyone in the .gov to tell me how to run my life. Or anyone else for that matter. If I need advice, I will seek it out from an expert in the field not a talking head, an internet commando, or a mouthpiece.

·
Retired curmudgeon
18,380 Posts
They're not doing it thanks to the incompetent CDC. As POTUS, he can direct CDC officials to say it.
Nonsense. You mean the FUD in the news isn't enough incentive?

SALT LAKE CITY — A St. George man who tested positive for coronavirus will be treated at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray at the request of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The announcement was made Friday evening and Intermountain Healthcare officials said the patient, Mark Jorgensen, will be housed in a "special unit that’s separate from the hospital and designed for high-level isolation."
Nah, they are all a bunch of brain-dead retards who have no ability to think or make decisions for themselves. Which is why they became DOCTORS. :rolleyes:

https://www.ksl.com/article/4672370...navirus-at-utahs-intermountain-medical-center

·
?
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What do you want trump to say? “Everyone load up on groceries the apocalypse is coming” then watch the ensuing riots and shootings at your local walmarts.

What is he supposed to say?

Please use reading comprehension skills if you have them. The OP specifically mentions protecting healthcare workers. I went back and bolded that to make it easier to understand.

·
Semper Fi
8,991 Posts
30 million is a drop in the bucket when every doctor, nurse and front office person would need to use them and change them out multiple times a day. I think that might be a week's worth of masks for the country.

As to production, you still need the raw materials and I believe we source a lot of that overseas.

With our off-shoring so much the US has painted itself into a corner as far as rapidly ramping up production on almost anything.

·
?
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
30 million is a drop in the bucket when every doctor, nurse and admin person would need to use them and change them out multiple times a day. I think that might be a week's worth of masks for the country.
*sighs* You distribute strategically. ER, respiratory therapy, radiology techs, infectious disease, ICU personnel for example. ...not 'every' doctor and nurse. Urologists and their staff treating old men prostate problems don't need them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts