Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story found on local newspaper site. Thoughts anyone?

Man faces plea deal in assassination threats
By The Associated Press

MIAMI — Trial was delayed Wednesday to allow time for a possible plea deal for a man arrested with a collection of weapons and military-style gear on charges of threatening to assassinate President-elect Barack Obama and President George W. Bush.

U.S. District Judge Alan S. Gold agreed to delay trial until late January for Raymond Geisel, a 23-year-old native of Bangor, Maine, who faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted on all four counts against him. The trial had been set to begin next week....

http://bangordailynews.com/detail/94511.html

·
Registered
679 Posts
This article begs a lot of questions.

What is someone who has been committed, and therefore disqualified to possess firearms doing taking bondsman classes?

If he's not disqualified from possession, then why is possessing such a big deal? Bondsmen need protection, they do some very dirty work. Seems logical he'd have standard-issue police or military type gear to me, being as though that is his line of work.

I won't repeat the quotes he made, but those don't constitute a real threat do they. Saying "I'd like to..." ???

Poor guy has been in max security since August?

I think talking freely amoungst people you do not know (and even those you do) about how and who you'd like to put a bullet through is pretty foolish, and gee, can end with _just this_ kind of result.

My grandfather used to say "stupidity should be painful". I agree.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just want to rant a bit.

I have fatigues (acu and woodland)
I have a blackhawk tactical CQB rappeling belt
I have jump boots
I have ammunition
I have knives
I have more paintball and airsoft guns than you guys have real guns

Am i breaking the law?

I was committed to a mental hospital when I was 14 for 9 months and then again when I was 17 for 6 months (My parents could not control me and I have grown out of it a long time ago since I am 29 now)

Now am I breaking the law?

The guy was prolly just building his ego up with guys he was talking to and had no real intention of doing anything to Bush or Obama. I thought it was illegal to threaten a president directly NOT "Yeah Bob, your right, so many people want to kill him, hell if he gets elected I will kill him myself" ITS JUST STUPID TALK

CAN YOU GUYS SAY.....

PAPERS PLEASE? "german accent"

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
Even if you are joking, if you say you want to kill any current or former President, or anyone running for President it is a federal offense.

I don't like the current President, and I don't like the President-Elect but I would not want to kill them. I show my dislike by voting for someone else not making threats or being stupid.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
jfountain-just thought i'd give you youre 1000th thanks :)
But I agree with you. I wanted Obama to win, but obviously didnt look at his views on firearms. I dont want him dead, just a different president would be nice.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
He shouldn't face any more time than if he made a threat against his neighbor. We're all supposed to be equal.

Reactions: Herne

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I wanted Obama to win, but obviously didnt look at his views on firearms.
So you didn't know much about him but wanted him in a position of extraordinary power?
Seems to be a recurrent issue with people who wanted Obama to win.

just a different president would be nice.
Different in name of person, name of party, and color of skin only as it is.

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
So, is it the same whether you say "I'll kill him myself" vs. "I wish someone would kill him"?

Is it against the law to say "I wish someone would kill the Prez"? or "Someone needs to assas. that idiot" knowing you are talking about the Prez?

Or is it just against the law to threaten to kill the Prez whether you actually mean it or not?
I guess freedom of speech doesn't count in this situation.

I know what I think about our current leader. And I know how I'd feel if he were no longer here.
Is that against the law?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
So much for "Freedom of Speech." There is a HUGE difference between just running your mouth with "machismo" and calling the white house or campaign headquarters and stating the implied threat.

The gun, ammo and body armor are a non-issue. this is a waste of tax dollars.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Why is this an issue "all of a sudden"?
It's always been a serious matter to threaten the President.
Ever heard of national security?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts