Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
The Time Is Now
6,398 Posts
I'm not sure if this video is for real. Seems a little to set up.

However, if something like this happened to me that guy would have been road kill. I wouldn't even have slowed down once I saw it was Jesse Jackson's nephew and just cones. Now if it was an actual obstruction like some concrete, I would have did a fast reverse to put some space in between me and the threat. After that I would have did one of two things. If it was a SHTF/WROL situation and I had to get through, I would have got my long gun and lit his ass up. No warnings. Then I would have proceeded on very carefully. If it happened today, I would have reversed fast, grab my Glock, and depending on how far the quickest off ramp was, either take that, or continue to back up until I can call the cops.

Does anyone else find the way the suspicious dude was walking sickening?

Does anyone else find the drivers voice "ummm, what is going on" so liberal?

·
Aim small, miss small
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone else find the drivers voice "ummm, what is going on" so liberal?
Yes he did have that slight tinge of liberal "Trayvon could have been my son" whine in his voice. The way he non-chalantlly rolls the window down, and allows Trayvons brother to get right up next to the window in full unadulterated trust.

I wonder how effective this road block would have been in Texas or Florida.:confused:

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
Yes he did have that slight tinge of liberal "Trayvon could have been my son" whine in his voice. The way he non-chalantlly rolls the window down, and allows Trayvons brother to get right up next to the window in full unadulterated trust.

I wonder how effective this road block would have been in Texas or Florida.:confused:
It should have been:

Assess the roadblock; will it stop the vehicle?
If not, drive through; if it will, reverse.

Why did he stop!?

·
Aim small, miss small
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should have been:

Assess the roadblock; will it stop the vehicle?
If not, drive through; if it will, reverse.

Why did he stop!?
Very good question. I drive a Silvardo, and probably would have run the cone/idiot over. But I'm guessing this liberal driving a somewhat lowered sports car probably was worrying about his special paint he ordered. :D:

·
The Time Is Now
6,398 Posts

From where I am from, and some of the roads, it would not turn out well for the road blockers. lol.

Imagine "squeal lika pig boy, goan do it!"

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Always leave yourself room to maneuver when driving a car. I never pull up right on the bumper of the vehicle ahead of me when stopping at a sign or light. I always leave at least 1/2-1 car lengths. At least with that you have SOME room to turn, push, build speed, whatever. Consequently I really hate when people pull basically up under the rear bumper on my truck. I leave the stinger in the hitch most of the time just to buy me a little bit more...

All in all, this kind of thing is about situational awareness.

There was ZERO reason for those large traffic cones to be in the road like that. In a small low car I would think that they might go up and over the hood instead of under the car? In my opinion they where 100% up to something with the cone positioning.

Sorry. I wouldn't have fully stopped unless there was a clear danger on the roadway like an visible accident.

A few more things.

Don't overdrive the lights. That will get you into trouble.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClPZINVp0y8

Basically: Fake, shady road block, suspicious character approaches car and reaches into pocket.

I would have loved to have blown this simpleton's brain all over the pavement as a surprise for road workers the next morning. :cool:
And you would have been jailed for murder as this was a drunk who ran out gas on the highway.

·
Sheepdog
1,724 Posts
Always leave yourself room to maneuver when driving a car. I never pull up right on the bumper of the vehicle ahead of me when stopping at a sign or light. I always leave at least 1/2-1 car lengths. At least with that you have SOME room to turn, push, build speed, whatever. Consequently I really hate when people pull basically up under the rear bumper on my truck. I leave the stinger in the hitch most of the time just to buy me a little bit more...

There was ZERO reason for those large traffic cones to be in the road like that. In a small low car I would think that they might go up and over the hood instead of under the car? In my opinion they where 100% up to something with the cone positioning.

Sorry. I wouldn't have fully stopped unless there was a clear danger on the roadway like an visible accident.

A few more things.

Very good advice, if you can't see the bumper of the car ahead of you, you're way to close, better yet, I leave a car length ahead of me, ****es the other drivers behind me off, even had some people try to cram their way through in front of me, but who cares.

Recall the driver in the SUV being attacked by the punks on the crotchrockets? He screwed up when he drove into town, got caught in rush hour traffic, and didn't leave himself enough room to manuever out of traffic.

·
LEGAL citizen
15,269 Posts
there's better video out there, but this one isn't terrible.
Who the hell holsters their sidearm while in a vehicle? In one of my vehicles, I have quick access to the console, so use it. In the other, I have a holster between the seat and console. Drawing a pistol from your hip or waist while buckled in is just asking for trouble. Good video, but that part just baffled me...

·
Some guy on the internet
3,311 Posts
Who the hell holsters their sidearm while in a vehicle? In one of my vehicles, I have quick access to the console, so use it. In the other, I have a holster between the seat and console. Drawing a pistol from your hip or waist while buckled in is just asking for trouble. Good video, but that part just baffled me...
i do quite often if I'm in and out of the car for the day otherwise i have a holster mounted the transmission hump, the draw is essentially the same....

i think it's more of an open carry thing to just leave it holstered..

that said, even if your pulling from the glove box/center console the indexing to the wheel would be the same...

as you know though, take what's useful and throw the rest away, there's lots of videos about using a firearms from inside a vehicle, check them out, there's some really good stuff in some of them but like you said, some of it won't be useful... YMMV.

·
The Time Is Now
6,398 Posts

A few more things.

I do the exact same thing. I always stop far enough back where I can move if I need to. If a vehicle comes in on my bumper i will try to move forward just enough to give me some room, but it doesn't always work because the dumbass behind me pulls up right along with me like that 10 feet is going to get him to his destination any quicker.

And you would have been jailed for murder as this was a drunk who ran out gas on the highway.
How can it be murder if you were afraid for your life?

How do you know he was drunk? Looked like he walked just like every other black male.

How do you know he ran out of gas?

The world isn't like Mayberry where the town drunk is just a good old boy who will let him self in, sleep his drunk off, and be off in the morning. More than likely it is a thug trying to get his "street cred" by killing stupid liberal white folks.

First rule your daddy should have taught you; NEVER assume anything.

·
Registered
773 Posts
How can it be murder if you were afraid for your life?

How do you know he was drunk? Looked like he walked just like every other black male.

How do you know he ran out of gas?
It's murder if you leave the body for someone else to find.

A drunk that carries 2 big road cones but is too drunk to put emergency flashers on?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts