Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"experts" say we can't head into another great depression. They say we are at 6.1% unemployment, but it was 25% during the deppression. There's a problem with that way of thinking.

The way we currently count unemployment stats is that we leave out those who have given up looking for work or who are no longer on the unemployment roles. Around me, unemployment is reported at near 10%, but I guarantee you that more than 1 in 10 people around here can't find work. the biggest employer in the region just put on a hiring freeze. My company just laid off 4/5 of its staff. Other than a very few large employers, our local economy is built on small business. If the economy goes south much more, unemployment could easily eclipse 30% in no time.

"experts" also say no depression b/c when banks closed back then, deposits weren't insured. Now, they say, the FDIC insures deposits. The problem is, the FDIC isn't capitalized enough. The have $50 billion to insure $1 trillion in deposits. That's for banks. Same deal with Credit Unions. They are only capitlized at 1.2%. Notice how the FDIC didn't sieze WaMu until JP Morgan Chase agreed to buy it? FDIC just can't afford to be taking over banks. If there is a run, if more banks go over the cliff, it can be far worse than the depression b/c our society is so much less self-sufficient and way more dependent on cash/credit to buy food.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
CEO's nearly allways walk away from their wrecks with little else than a bruised image and a slimmer wallet. They allways stay afloat and are soon found at the helm of another company. Its ALLWAYS the little guy who pay the price. People get laid off, whole communities are left in desolation and customers/lenders are left to cover the debts.
The hidden costs of such collapses are enormous, especially in communities where the business in question was a cornerstone business. These communities rarely recover and end up as dead towns where realestate is worthless and the infrastructure is left to decay.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
maybe a depession would make stronger people in this us .are kids are week but real good at vidio games lol.we are to fat anyway.

·
Registered
951 Posts
like Obama vs McCan, Bailout vs no Bailout, it's a loose loose situation, we can't win, "they win" if we go to depression, or give them all our RIGHTS...the GAME is FIXED, the bottom line is NWO/WW-3.RUReady????

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
> Date: 9/23/2008
> Subject: Urgent transaction - need your help
>
>
> Bright Greetings Dear American:
>
> I need to ask you to support an urgent and important
> business relationship
> with a transfer of funds of great magnitude.
>
> I am Ministry of Treasury of the Republic of America. My
> country has had a
> crisis that has caused the need for a large transfer of
> funds of 700 billion
> dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it
> would be most
> profitable to you.
>
> I am working with renowned Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS,
> who will be my
> replacement as Ministry of Treasury in January. As a
> Senator, you may know
> him as the leader of the American banking deregulation
> movement in the
> 1990s. This transactin is 100% safe.
>
> This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check.
> We need the funds
> as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these
> funds in the names
> of our close friends because we are constantly under
> surveillance. My family
> lawyer advised me that I should look for reliable and
> trustworthy person who
> will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.
>
> Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college
> fund
> accountnumbers and those of your children and grandchildren
> to
> [email protected] so that we transfer your
> commission for this
> transaction. After I receive you're information, I will
> respond with
> detailed information about safeguards that will be used to
> protect the
> funds.
>
> Wonderful salutations to you cherish friend from Republic
> of America.
>
> Yours Faithfully,
> Minister of Treasury Paulson
>
>

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Reactions: Ioninc

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? I can't hear it. I have just seen online that there will be protests in some places across US this afternoon.I seen it on blog.wired.com I hope people show up.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? I can't hear it. I have just seen online that there will be protests in some places across US this afternoon.I seen it on blog.wired.com I hope people show up.
Everyone should be calling/writing/emailing/ their congressmen and reps etc. I have already emailed twice. Get on it people!! Yesterday there were protests in about 20 cities. Hope they continue with added strength.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i think that confusion is all we have now. who the f****knows what is really going on? Do you?
(i mean other that people who like Ioninc who understand everything in terms of NWO and conspiracy...you know, cons +piracy....it all adds up....)

After whatever is going on actually finishes happening, and it sinks in, i expect we will see some activity in the streets.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Harry Reid just said they are getting alot of people calling in objecting to the bailout.
Pushing that aside because they don't represent us He says we think this is the best thing to do.
Anybody hear of taxation without representation?
Was there a revolution or did they retreat?
How about taxation with representation?
Where's the revolution?

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
actually the outrage is runnin high the calls to house and senate are overwhelmingly against the deal --- once again it is the people be damned we know best is the attitude of our sanctimonious, intellectually elitist so called leaders showing their true colors and utter contempt for our will.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...0b_outlay/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+National+news
A Suffolk University/Boston Globe poll of 400 Massachusetts residents this week found nearly twice as many people opposed the White House proposal as supported it. About 49 percent disagreed with the plan, while 29 percent agreed with it.

National polls have also found widespread skepticism. A Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll found that 55 percent of Americans opposed using taxpayer money to support a bailout plan. An NBC/Wall Street Journal poll earlier this week found one-third of US voters supported the plan. Another one-third opposed it.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Keep calling congress, shut down the switchboard

Say NO to the Bankster bailout legislation AT ALL and YES to H.R. 2755: The Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act.

Call today and everyday until Congress gets the message that there will be NO bailing out the wallstreet gamblers, and the people will NOT be the ones to pay for THEIR losses, unless maybe they want to sign over ALL of their assets/profits to the people.

Instead of bailing out the gambling banksters, abolish the federal reserve, and let the chips fall... The economy AND the people will be better off without them all!!!

"Toll Free" Congressional Switchboard Phone Numbers CALL NOW ---->>>

1-877-210-5351
1-800-828-0498

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Thing is, either way the little man, the worker, is the loser.

But I say, let the so called free market really prove it's much wanted freedom and take responsibility for itself. You can't demand it at one point, then have the state support you when things get a little rough. Let it crash and burn.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts