1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been trying to read during breaks at work. Finally gave up and printed it for later reading tonight! GREAT info so far.

Ummm Not sure if I can cuss. SHTF, Doo doo hit the fan. How's that? :)

·
Last of the First Line
864 Posts
Read that article last night - the link was posted in another thread. Glad I read it. Sorry that somebody else had to "learn on the fly", but happy that he shared his mistakes with us.

It made me realize a few things. Reinforced a few other things that I'd already known/figured out.

Didn't think about the entry/exit problem, or body armor. Does anybody (Canadian) know if body armor's legal in Canada?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
thanks agian. i printed this out. i hope reading a 1st hand acount will help some of the people i deal with to get the lead out. instead of saying "nah it'll never get that bad here. im sure the people of argentina thought the same at one time. anyway thanks for the link.

·
Here's a man who stood up
640 Posts
I believe Ferfal is a member of this board. he has his own website, why dont you drop him a line?

·
Registered
79 Posts
that was the best post ever a real account of a colasped country what happens
whats needed.thanks for link and thanks to feral for sharing his life story.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I think I found their you tube video's before I found this site. So if you haven't seen the video's...go search them out. Pretty good stuff.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have been here for a while and a few other sights. this has been refered to by most of them, so i have read this a few times. very good read. i have thought of printing a few copies and giving them out to a few people.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm curious if this thread has any recent follow-ups. Its from 2005 and, from what I've read, Argentina has gotten much better since then.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I'm curious if this thread has any recent follow-ups. Its from 2005 and, from what I've read, Argentina has gotten much better since then.
http://www.ferfal.blogspot.com/ :upsidedown:

I try to update as often as I can. Try searching the archives for specific things you'd like to read about.

There’s 60 articles of various aspects of life after the economic collapse, how things changed and what I do to deal with it.

Take care.

FerFAL

·
Little Big Man
92 Posts
Great Post

This is probably the best thing I've read all week! Love it, it brings a lot of real perspective, especially to all the gun totters... I do love guns, but I love food more ;).

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read the linked article by FerFAL in the post that started this thread. Definately a lot of good information there based on first hand experience. The one thing that I would disagree with is the safety of urban vs. suburban vs. country. I live in a rural area and am very familiar and comfortable with my surroundings, as well as the people who are in the area. I believe this counts for a lot. I would also point out that this is where I would stay when things got bad. Now, if somebody were leaving an urban or suburban setting to go to an unknown rural area, that might be a different story.

This being said, does anybody have any input on how best to set up perimeter security around your property, lets say about a hundred yards or so around the house? Are there any good security systems at a reasonable price that would warn me of possibly unwanted visitors? Any ideas are welcome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts