Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I have been seeing more and more news reports about survilaists and prepping.

Is it foreshadowing?

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
i think he is a good spokesperson for the movement. soft spoken, family man, mixed race family, highly educated and i bet worth well over a million bucks easy. he is a gentle introduction of being prepared..not a rambo cammie wearing guy (not that there is nothing wrong with that i would like to add, it just can scare the beejeezus of someone just starting to look into it)

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
i think he is a good spokesperson for the movement. soft spoken, family man, mixed race family, highly educated and i bet worth well over a million bucks easy. he is a gentle introduction of being prepared..not a rambo cammie wearing guy (not that there is nothing wrong with that i would like to add, it just can scare the beejeezus of someone just starting to look into it)
exactley how i saw the guy aswell....well said

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he may have endangered himself and his family by going on tv though. I'm sure that many people in, or around, Seattle could recognize him. When TSHTF he might become a target for the ill prepared.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
I don't think he's endangered himself. I believe anyone who would recognize him and know what he is about have ALREADY taken steps to prepare themselves. There is a guy down the road from me...lives in a neighborhood with no HOA, so he is allowed to have all his radio antennas and masts flying above his house. His truck parked on the street matches the look, along with the USMC and MIA/POW flags flying on his masts and decals on the truck. I don't have to think too long or hard as to whether or not he will be "prepared" for the big event...but no way in hell am I going to run up and beat on his door during the food riots.
Oooh, maybe I should get a Halloween costume and do some recon on the 31st! (No really, I just have a glandular problem!)
I think when the chaos ensues (how's that for fanning the paranoia flame!), people will target higher profile targets...stores, shops, grocers, etc. Then again, I've never been through something like this, it could be much like the difference between Katrina and Ike; Katrina was a cluster F and Ike brought folks together to some degree...maybe the END will bring everyone together in peace and harmony...:)

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
I don't think he's endangered himself. I believe anyone who would recognize him and know what he is about have ALREADY taken steps to prepare themselves. There is a guy down the road from me...lives in a neighborhood with no HOA, so he is allowed to have all his radio antennas and masts flying above his house. His truck parked on the street matches the look, along with the USMC and MIA/POW flags flying on his masts and decals on the truck. I don't have to think too long or hard as to whether or not he will be "prepared" for the big event...but no way in hell am I going to run up and beat on his door during the food riots.
Oooh, maybe I should get a Halloween costume and do some recon on the 31st! (No really, I just have a glandular problem!)
I think when the chaos ensues (how's that for fanning the paranoia flame!), people will target higher profile targets...stores, shops, grocers, etc. Then again, I've never been through something like this, it could be much like the difference between Katrina and Ike; Katrina was a cluster F and Ike brought folks together to some degree...maybe the END will bring everyone together in peace and harmony...:)
The obvious 'survival stereotypes' will be the ones searched at a checkpoint in an evacuation.

The stock appearing Ford Explorer with the wife and kids will get waved through....

First rule of survival:
Don't draw attention to yourself!

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
The obvious 'survival stereotypes' will be the ones searched at a checkpoint in an evacuation.

The stock appearing Ford Explorer with the wife and kids will get waved through....

First rule of survival:
Guess I was thinking more along the lines of what he was saying...staying home and surviving on your skills and self reliance rather than bugging out. When he says "leaving the country", that sounds like he's talking about after any chaos, then casually loading up the family and leaving...which, I doubt would necessarily involve bringing his stores of rice and beans and all his firearms...more like going on a trip and staying, living off his overseas accounts etc...
Still, I understand what you are saying. That guy may look mundane, and a less assuming family I've never seen...but he's certainly not blending in to the woodwork doing TV interviews and walking through his neighborhood on camera...

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
Guess I was thinking more along the lines of what he was saying...staying home and surviving on your skills and self reliance rather than bugging out. When he says "leaving the country", that sounds like he's talking about after any chaos, then casually loading up the family and leaving...which, I doubt would necessarily involve bringing his stores of rice and beans and all his firearms...more like going on a trip and staying, living off his overseas accounts etc...
Still, I understand what you are saying. That guy may look mundane, and a less assuming family I've never seen...but he's certainly not blending in to the woodwork doing TV interviews and walking through his neighborhood on camera...
Who's going to remember a 3 minute human interest story when dealing with thousands of people relocating?
But, yes, being on TV didn't help him any....

My strategy is to look average..... fortunately I have genetics on my side :D:

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
I agree that this man actually is a good spokesperson for the survivalist inclination. He is everyday Joe. Not radical. I do have a problem with the offshore banking. SHTF .... possibly Internet and Banking fall into ruin .... all of your money has been deposited in a bank across the sea. How are you supposed to access it? It has now become worthless to you when you need it. I would vote if you have the kind of coin to throw in an off shore bank, buy gold and silver bullion. Im not speaking of investments ... the savings accounts off shore. Just my opinion

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts

First rule of survival:

If walking down the street you wouldnt even flash on this guy...just another nondiscript frumpy guy (no offence if you are on here :xeye:) And thumbs up to him in that he is teaching his kids well.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was on T.V. awhile back, ABC Nightline.
They used my real name and the town I live in.
Havn't received one phone call or letter.
With "who and where" it's pretty easy to find just about anybody.
I don't think Rob has anything to worry about.
I figure if anyone can reach my place after SHTF, their survival skills are pretty good and wont need my stash..................Alaskan....

·
Registered
679 Posts
... There is a guy down the road from me...lives in a neighborhood with no HOA, so he is allowed to have all his radio antennas and masts flying above his house. His truck parked on the street matches the look, along with the USMC and MIA/POW flags flying on his masts and decals on the truck. I don't have to think too long or hard as to whether or not he will be "prepared" for the big event...but no way in hell am I going to run up and beat on his door during the food riots...
You're giving the single moms holding their own with a charge of precious cargo some fine landscape and decorating ideas here :D:

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
I applaud the guy for stepping up and setting an example that others may follow.

Reactions: test

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Neither brave nor stupid, just very sensible and every one should be looking and following his example.
We walk when we can, my Daughter can sew and do simple kitchen chores, we bake all our own bread....and as the man says it helps save on the finances.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Has anyone looked at his website?

It has some very interesting and useful information on it, well worth checking out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts