Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this page are links to several instructional posters. They are meant to teach simple techniques to people in third world countries.

There mud stove building, compost making, a tip tap (hand washing station) garden in a bag.

I bet you'll learn something from one poster of another. The garden in a bag could be very useful to urban dwellers.

http://www.fourthway.co.uk/posters/index.html

Stumbled across it today. Just thought I'd share.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really liked the poster on Kitchen Garden, I will see about implementing that for a winter garden using vege peelings throughout the summer.

Yeah I like that one too. I am pretty mobile right now. My company keeps me employed but, they haven't found a permanent spot for me. So we live in our camper trailer.

That kitchen garden or the bag garden would be a way to grow some fresh vegies. Some RV parks that cater more to long term stays would allow that.

I actually grew some tomatoes in pots this year but had give them away when we moved in March.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
These are fantastic! I love the wash station and the sack garden ideas! Thanks so much for this info ShellBackBill!

·
Registered
93 Posts
These are really interesting ideas! Among other things, I like the kitchen garden, with the composter in the middle of it. One of those hand washing units could be very handy on a big property like mine farther away from the house where I don't have running water. On hot days, I have to trudge back up to the house and splash my face off with water every so often, and that could let me get the cool-off effect without having to drop everything for as long, and there are many things that are hard to do with muddy hands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts