Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Frontiersman
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am thinking of ordering 100 of these guys...gonna give as gifts to some family and friends, if anyone is interested I'd give them away for cost of shipping, if I buy bulk maybe we can all get a good deal for a simple but neat item.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

·
King of Canada
4,421 Posts

I am thinking of ordering 100 of these guys...gonna give as gifts to some family and friends, if anyone is interested I'd give them away for cost of shipping, if I buy bulk maybe we can all get a good deal for a simple but neat item.

Let me know if you'd be interested.
You should look at reviews first, buy and try; then decide if they're worth it.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I just got one too, lol. Thinking of getting a couple more for others and one more for me to actually break apart and just use it.

Yes, it has bad reviews but it is what it is. If anything, they make you look cool to your buddies, lol.

They also make a bait one that I'm getting an extra one of as well.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Is that picture actual size? If not, what are the 3D measurements?
2"x3 1/2". If you really want thickness I could go and break out my caliper.

I carry them in one of those plastic ID holders after I took them out of the sleeves that they come with, since the sleeves are a tight fit Still kept the plastic sheath on them though so they don't snag on stuff.

The bait card is a little thicker than the main card, one of the reasons I bought it since the hooks are a little sturdier.

Breaking out my scale right now, lol.

The survival card with plastic is .38 oz (166 gr).
The bait card with plastic is .33 oz (144 gr) although it seems thicker it has more empty space.

Together they weigh .71 oz (312 gr). For comparison the average weight of a credit card is .18 oz (78 gr).

(I'm just playing with my scale while having lunch, lol)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Yes, these cards are kind of a gimmick (yes, the saw is a joke but they needed a sturdy side in which to attach so it might as well have been something other than just a piece of metal) and I did not remove any contents from my kits because I have these cards. But the cool thing of it is that I have them in my ID holder with my ID's, Driver's License and Credit Card. Which means that they are always with me. Whereas, my bag and kit aren't. So it really is a last resort thing if I ever have to use them.

The cost of them actually dictates that I don't use them unless it's all I have and I have no other options. If they were only $1 I'd probably break them apart and use them, but then if it was an emergency I'd be missing the piece I need.

Reactions: seeker1989

·
Frontiersman
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You should look at reviews first, buy and try; then decide if they're worth it.
Samples on the way, I'll test and then decide, but looks like more people would be interested if reasonably good quality.

Is there a way to tag people in a thread? There's got to be more people interested in something like this then just 5 or 10.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts