Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
What hell, pay attention
9,057 Posts
Ive had some Spanish 9mm SMG ammo in the past that would probably fit that bill. Less than 2000 rounds of it trashed the upper on my SWD M11/9mm. The gun also ran noticeably faster/harder than any of the other 9mm I shot through it. Ive shot a bunch of different makes of surplus 9mm that was supposed to be SMG only ammo, and that stuff was the hottest of the lot.

As was mentioned, 9mm +P+ has been around all along and the mid-weight stuff is basically equivalent to 357SIG in its standard loading with the same weight bullet.

After fooling around with a lot of this kind of stuff for quite a while now, Ive come to the conclusion that its not worth the extra money and wear and tear on the guns to try and soup up something that's not really going to be much different souped up. And nothing in 99.5% of the pistol calibers, +P+ or magnum, etc, is going to pierce a soft vest. If you want more power, there are better things available in a similar sized package.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Would not work like rimmed catridges. 9mm Cartridges are head spaced on the case mouth.
Not completely true, the extractor holds on to the case.
Shoot plenty of .40 in 10mm barrel. Zero issues. Not just me either.
Now, i would not depend on a setup like that for my life, but fine for a little range plinking.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If I remember my ancient history
The 9mm Mauser export round was 9x25
Since the round was developed in the early
1900s to push a 127 grain bullet at 1300 fps
I’m guessing there would be room to hot rod
it a bit

unfortunately it would need to be a magazine
In front of the trigger guard like the c96 mauser

also there already is a 9mm magnum