Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hold on to your hats, we’re in for a nasty weekend out here in Montana-Dakota land!

Highs expected in the negative (-10F) range for Sunday and Monday with lows around -25F. “Blowing snow” forecasted by NOAA. If you don’t know “blowing snow”, well, picture the audio and visual of the TV fuzzy screen in 3dD with full volume at the above temps, add some 40-60mph wind, and there you have it!

Everyday is an exercise in basic survival skills in Eastern Montana - woo-hoo!

Lots of folks stocking-up on groceries today in our store. Many conversations of battening-down left me with a kind-of queasey feeling in my gut. So many making comments after purchasing maybe $75-100 worth, “we’ve got plenty of food now”

For the weekend maybe..

I sincerely hope the sleepwalkers make their way out of here before a SHTF scenario - Mother Nature will WTFPWN most of the population in this county within a week.

Stay safe my Montana brethren! :thumb:

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Hoping for a little snow to bank the house with,don't like crawling around replacing pipes when it gets that cold. Good luck, Hilda:thumb:

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Wow. I probably wouldn't even bring up 3 feet of snow. Thought only the southern guys thought that kind of weather was bad.

That is typical winter strom weather.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Maybe this will help.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wtfpwned

wtfpwned

wtf meaning "what the ****" an extreme lack of understanding something that just happened to the person making the statment.
pwned meaning Owned being bested without any chance of retaliation.
wtfpwned meaning the person does not understand how they where bested without having a chance for retaliation.

http://www.allwords.com/word-wtfpwn.html

(Internet slang) To be dominated in battle, to suffer a crushing defeat. A derivation of pwn.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. I probably wouldn't even bring up 3 feet of snow. Thought only the southern guys thought that kind of weather was bad.

That is typical winter strom weather.
In relation to survival, I was pretty shocked by the number of folks who think they're "set" by stocking-up on snacks and soda. Not many even giving water a thought. Perhaps it's just my continuing attention to a SHTF situation that makes this worthy of mention in my mind, or maybe because I work in grocery, I have a heightened awareness of what people find important in these situations. All about your perspective I guess. I certainly meant no offense to you "true hardcores" up there in Canada. ;)

Highs in the subzeros is unusual, even here where the record low is -59F. Not so much the snow, or the ambient temp, but the wind that kicks yer a**. Chill factor is brutal, and the combination tears-up lines and pipes.

People die in these storms. Especially the elderly. Nothing wrong with giving some thought to extra prep imo.

I know it's speaking to the choir here, but the "shock" to me is in seeing how many folks give preps such minimal and short-term consideration.

I don't wanna play last man standing, it'll be scary out here all by our lonesome :D:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts