Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

I just learned about these devices (thermal cookers) and I did a search here and I didn't see any mention of them. Think of them like a crock pot type of device, but need only a fraction of the energy. It seems they are best suited for soups though.

They look like they would be a nice thing to have if power was an issue. It seems the best made ones are made by Nissan, see below link.
http://www.cozycook.com/kitchen-59466.html

I think they come in different sizes?

What do you all think? Any one here have one?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here is what I found on them. You have to cook the food prior to placing it in the Thermos. It may save a bit of fuel or be good for heat and take with, but not much more from what I can tell.
Thermos Nissan
Thermal Cooker Info

" The Thermos Nissan CC4500S Thermal Cookware is the latest thermal cooker from Thermos Nissan, replacing the popular RPA4500. Thermal cookers may not be known to everyone, but those who know them absolutely love them! Now dubbed the Stainless Steel Cook & Carry System, the CC4500S is excellent for catered events, potluck dinners, and tailgating. Savor each delicate flavor, while knowing that your vegetables, soups, sauces, rice, and other foods are nutritious and healthy. Thermos Nissan Thermal Cookers uses patented vacuum technology to achieve the ideal cooking of foods. This is a slow cooker like no other. Unlike a crock-pot, it uses no electricity! Heat the food on the stove in the inner pot. Place the pot into the thermal outer container, close and wait. The heat is retained to continue slowly cooking your food for hours without constant attention. Start it off and take it with you. Great for tailgaters, picnics, boating, camping, and gatherings. Convenience, health and taste that you will not find with a traditional crock pot or slow cooker Use your favorite crock-pot recipes. No worries about scorching, boiling, or bitterness. And all the nutrition, all the flavors stay in your foods ? Thermos Nissan Thermal Cookware eliminates damaging evaporation that can rob vitamins and minerals from food. Travels well and uses minimal energy. "

·
Vote 3rd party!
900 Posts
If power was an issue, how about a dutch oven? All you need is some good old cave-man fire.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I have a dutch oven that I would put into a hot box. The hot box keep the dutch oven hot and the food cooks all day long.

A Stanly Thermus works good for cooking. Place the boiling food into a widemouth thermus and close the lid. Let it sit all day and by evening you have a cooked meal.

Yes it is mostly soups and stews.

During the summer I can cook anything in my solar oven.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I think it has the potentioal to be something great to have. Say powers out your on a genny. In an apt. No way to build a fire. You cook food and have some mealS to last awhile with out haveing to use the Microwave or range so offten. Also you can keep some hot water for a while aswell.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mr. Ed

Thanks for the heads up. Thermos SS Vacuum has been a very good consistant brand for us over the years. Holds heat better than any of the others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts