Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Great movie. Watched it as a kid and recalled the scene in the tunnels with the GI's for decades afterwards but could never remember the name of the movie. Was fortunate enough to stumble on a TV showing last year. Ahh, memories.

RR

·
3,062 Posts
It never scared me. I've always enjoyed SciFi movies and books, can't say just how many times I've watched it and enjoyed it each time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It never scared me. I've always enjoyed SciFi movies and books, can't say just how many times I've watched it and enjoyed it each time.
:) I was kind of a wimpy kid. I’d sneak into the hallway to watch Outer Limits and Twilight Zone and have nightmares all night. There was another movie about a disembodied hand that really scared me. Can’t remember the name of it. This is probably why I absolutely love Stephen King and any apocalyptic books. Especially zombies. Just love a good zombie book.

·
3,062 Posts
:) I was kind of a wimpy kid. I’d sneak into the hallway to watch Outer Limits and Twilight Zone and have nightmares all night. There was another movie about a disembodied hand that really scared me. Can’t remember the name of it. This is probably why I absolutely love Stephen King and any apocalyptic books. Especially zombies. Just love a good zombie book.
Could that be the Wicked and Evil hand known as Thing in The Adams Family or the 1963 movie.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I was a hopeless logical child. Yes, it was scary in ways -- but I can remember thinking that the big ants would weigh too much being that big and would leave deeper tracks and perhaps collapse on their skinny legs. [Years later I had a science teacher explain to the class the square and cubic root rule about size of things and I went AHA!]

·
Retired Army
6,084 Posts
One of the first sci-fi movies I ever saw. Still think it's a classic along the lines of the Godzilla series, but made in America.

Now Forbidden Planet... Sci-fi with robots, and legs...

·
Author, prepper, father
Done
6,749 Posts
One of the first sci-fi movies I ever saw. Still think it's a classic along the lines of the Godzilla series, but made in America.

Now Forbidden Planet... Sci-fi with robots, and legs...
Monsters from the id...I think I was maybe 6 when I saw it the first time.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My dad loved to pop some popcorn, buy some A&W root beer and stay up late for the Saturday Night Nightmare Show, which was almost exclusively B&W 50's B movies. When the show got really scary, I'd hide under the coffee table. Since he'd served with NATO, he especially liked "Dr. Strangelove" which first turned me onto prepping. "Village of the Damned," and "The Fiend Without a Face" were some of my favorites.
"Klaatu, barada nikto" from "The Day the Earth Stood Still."

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,500 Posts
MY FIrst real scary..THE ANGRY RED PLANET...:thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts