Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my three nieces came to visit (ages 5-10) and picked out a childrens book of Questions and Answers; hardcover, lots of illustrations-you get the picture. I bought this from a garage sale wanting to spruce up my kiddie enrichment/ducation/entertainment offerings for the younger set in my family when they come to visit.

My beef: under the byline 'what can people use as money', the book says:

"Today, every country in the world uses coins and paper bank notes, although in many regions goods are swapped rather than bought. Through the ages, all kinds of other things have been used as money around the world-shells, stones, beads, salt, tobacco, blocks of tea, sharks' teeth, and cocoa beans. These had no value in themselves, but neither do the metal, paper, or plastic we use today. They are just tokens of exchange."

I don't want to indoctrinate the kids I love with this propaganda. IMO, this is an example of what can destroy the best prepped survivalist who is long in PMs, guns and beans but who doesn't address the educational crap that the next generation of our society is spoon fed. The old man may have fought in Vietnam or Desrt Storm, etc. but runs the risk of 'losing' those whom he/she was fighting for in the propaganda war--old survivalists eventually have creaking bones, and die off--I think thats TPTB's passive tactic, while they actively social engineer the little ones to their liking 1984 style.

Any remedies for fighting this? Publishers/books to check out?

Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
I do not actually see the problerm.

A $100 bill is worth $100 because this country says that it is. And, in the past people HAVE used beads and gold in that same manner.

·
Registered
858 Posts
watchful I presume that what you meant was that the idea that things like food, shrks teeth etc are as worthless as money is what hass you riled up.

I agree those things are worthless but at the end of the day money is only worth something for as long as people think it is.

Who are "they" you bought the book from a garage sale so the title of "their education system vs our AR15's" makes no sense, if you want to go to war with a book publisher I doub't you will get far, a well constructed letter arguing against the point you disagree with may convince them to change the point, and if not then bin the book and don't buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The book is absolutely, correct, as is Kansas_Terri. Every society decides what is of value. Gold wouldn't be as popular if our society didn't see it as such - diamonds are the same.

Oil wasn't valued until we figured out how to use it. Before then, if you dug a well for water and hit oil, you'd curse your luck and re-drill somewhere else...

I don't see this as propaganda, and I also don't see what this has to do with AR-15's. If we all didn't like them as much, they wouldn't be as valuable.

·
Registered
784 Posts
the only reason that we use money with a set value is so that it makes changing our goods or service for the goods and service that we want or need easier. take going to the doctor n u want to trade a chicken, what if the doctor dont want a chicken, but blanket, so for you to get the services from the doctor that u wanted you would have to find somebody that wanted the chicken in exchange for a blanket.

so i find it hard to follow your point

·
Registered
821 Posts
The only thing I saw amiss was the blanket statement that tobbaco, tea, cocoa beans, etc. all had no value. WRONG. sea shells, beads, pebbles, etc are used as a means of exchange, but otherwise valueless. The other items are inherently valuable as a commodity. Big Difference.

Yes, big brother wants your kids. If they're in a public drone academy, you've surrendered their souls to the beast. get used to it. All the time you spend teaching them morality, values, etc is for naught because the secular/humanist teaching industry has more facetime with your kids than you do.

Look into homeschooling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts