Survivalist Forum banner
5K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  MikeK 
#1 ·
I heard a bill was to be passed and maybe did so already about a Necessary drug test for welfare recipients. If this passed it would explain why up and down the street of where I live everyone i know has had something stolen in the last week. Thats 30 people i know in one week in Boca Raton FL.

Can you believe they stole the drive shafts out of my pickup truck! Everything seems to be going downhill

#8 ·
If this passed it would explain why up and down the street of where I live everyone i know has had something stolen in the last week. Thats 30 people i know in one week in Boca Raton FL.
As the cost of living goes up, petty crime goes up - especially crimes of opportunity.

#11 ·
Someone stole the gates that went across my driveway, and my poor (literally poor, as in no money) elderly neighbor had his window AC unit that he was storing on his back porch stolen. He can't afford a new one. The scrappers are really getting brazen. For all the work they put into stealing other people's stuff, they should just get a regular job!

#15 ·
I hope this law catches on all over the country!

Nothing is safe now from scrapers, they have been known to target the large telephone pedestals and overhead telephone cable runs in our area. Pull up in the middle of the night and cut out all the copper cable coils and take off, knocking everyones phone out for days......damn crazy, and will probably get worse............

#18 ·
While I agree, I doubt it will see the light of day outside a court house. Many of these programs are Federal programs or have some Federal funds involved. They might get away with it for State funded programs but there is no way Obama will let them do it with a Federal Program.

Thefts are getting out of hand in the county I live in. Not so much in my area of town. Theft of anything with copper is through the roof. Home invasions have also increased. It is as if criminals are nolonger afraid of getting caught. The number of people who will turn to crime is somewhat stable. So if crime is up the fear of LOE is down. The slide is quickening.

#20 ·
My best friends 1997 5series BMW broke down on I95 a few months ago. He had a custom exhaust with a welded cat as well. In the time it took for me to pick him up at 8:15pm, drive to the local auto parts store get the part he needed, head back to his car and get it running the cat was gone at 9:30pm! They don't unbolt them they go in with a torch or a saw saw! :mad:

#22 ·
Get an old extension cord you dont care about and cut the end off ( not the plug) and strip the wire down about 6 inches and unwind it and rewind it into two twisted strands. Attach it to the back side of what ever "valuable" metal object of your choice and leave it on your porch, before going to bed, plug in the extension chord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.