BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some carbon taxes,Hurry!

The world has never seen such freezing heat

By Christopher Booker
Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 16/11/2008

Have your say Read comments

A surreal scientific blunder last week raised a huge question mark about the temperature records that underpin the worldwide alarm over global warming. On Monday, Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), which is run by Al Gore's chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, and is one of four bodies responsible for monitoring global temperatures, announced that last month was the hottest October on record.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/11/16/do1610.xml

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
I saw that this morning as well Sweeper, and had to laugh. It's amazing to me that people buy into what some of these guys say as gospel.

Now, what am I going to do with those palm trees I have on order?:rofl:

·
Ready for the big "push"
1,473 Posts
Now, what am I going to do with those palm trees I have on order?:rofl:
Right there with you Mad Dog. Crap! What am I gonna do with all this scrub land here in West Texas. I was hopin' to have beach front property when the polar ice caps melted.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Not being a climatologist I can't comment on world temperatures.

Where I live in the north of England there are a lot of trees with golden leaves still on. I think this is unusual, by mid-November I would expect the trees to be long bare. The last few "summers" in England have seen tremendous amounts of rain, causing widespread flooding and damage to properties.

Each year more and more sea anglers catch fish that have never ventured so far north in the past, yet anglers report fewer catches during the winter of cod, our traditional winter fish.

I can't easily explain the reasons for such things, perhaps there are many reasons for these things.

YB

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Global warming = BULLS*** !!

Reactions: Vergeltung

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Global warming = BULLS*** !!
I can't talk about global warming.

But why are the ice caps and glaciers melting at such an incredible rate across the world?

Why are there more huge blue (poisonous) algae blooms in our seas?

Why are there reports of extreme types of weather across the globe?

Why are there more tornadoes (although tiny by US standards) in the UK?

Is it inconceivable that humans are having a detrimental impact on the Earth's ecosystem?

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
I suggest you go to some place where things show the most, like where I visited. Watch the fiord not freeze anymore, when it always did in the past. Go watch the glaciers melting. Talk to people there who ARE actually doing climate research. It's great fun. Then you can come home and continue talk about how releasing the energy of the tons of organ materials that are just in a few liters of oil "can't have any effect" on the earth.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Not being a climatologist I can't comment on world temperatures.

Where I live in the north of England there are a lot of trees with golden leaves still on. I think this is unusual, by mid-November I would expect the trees to be long bare. The last few "summers" in England have seen tremendous amounts of rain, causing widespread flooding and damage to properties.

Each year more and more sea anglers catch fish that have never ventured so far north in the past, yet anglers report fewer catches during the winter of cod, our traditional winter fish.

I can't easily explain the reasons for such things, perhaps there are many reasons for these things.

YB
I happened to catch a documentary about wine grapes. A portion of it was about how not long ago you could not grow them in the UK climate. However in the last 10 years the vines are now taking to the climate and soil there and producing great fruits, which is something though impossible not long ago. The documentary pointed to global climate change and warmer temperatures moving further north.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I happened to catch a documentary about wine grapes. A portion of it was about how not long ago you could not grow them in the UK climate. However in the last 10 years the vines are now taking to the climate and soil there and producing great fruits, which is something though impossible not long ago. The documentary pointed to global climate change and warmer temperatures moving further north.
i saw a documentary that might have been the same about how once the UK had a much warmer cliamate, grapes were grown, but about a thousand years ago there was a cooling trend. Large famine across that latitude.

In the Cambrian period, the planet had a MUCH higher level of oxygen, allowing for much larger varieties of insects. It was also much warmer, on the order of 150 to 160 degrees estimated from calculations from fossilized trees (mainly big ferns then). People need to understand that we have onlty been here a VERY VERY short time. The planet has survived a lot worse than us.

Even if we weren't here, with natural warming cycles, the polar bears would still be in deep doodoo. "Adapt or die' is not just a survivalist credo

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just because it is obvious that human activity is damaging the environment DOES NOT make Global Warming true. The clamor about Global Warming should not simply be accepted on the basis that it is the only vehicle for environmental improvement. The Global Warming concept is , IMO, a tool to exploit environmental guilt on the part of the masses to extract taxes, tariffs and policy mandates, not to mention reductions in civil liberties. In this age, we should be wary of any "science" coming from government. Especially if inconsistencies and deceptions are exposed in the information released by the rabid proponents of this "science". If you look within the scientific communities related to the phenomenon of "Global Warming" you will see sharp divides and fierce debate about the issue. I think at the very least, the jury is still out on this one.

Sincerely,
EQV

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Obviously not, but we are the ones chopping down rainforest's, turning areas into deserts, polluting our rivers, seas, oceans and the very air we breathe.

:(
You are right an I am all for the not cutting off of ones own nose.
Hysteria such as in the so called global warming alarmist movement isn't the way to go about making things better.
Hey, I just planted 15 rambutan trees.
I have re-forested part of the planet de-forested by others....see....I'm an enviro hero. :D:

Yer welcome to my extra O2........

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can't talk about global warming.

But why are the ice caps and glaciers melting at such an incredible rate across the world?

Why are there more huge blue (poisonous) algae blooms in our seas?

Why are there reports of extreme types of weather across the globe?

Why are there more tornadoes (although tiny by US standards) in the UK?

Is it inconceivable that humans are having a detrimental impact on the Earth's ecosystem?
While the northern pole melts, the South Pole grows even larger. If you want to do something good for the environment plant a tree.

BTW - The Earth produces more greenhouse gas then all humans.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
You are right an I am all for the not cutting off of ones own nose.
Hysteria such as in the so called global warming alarmist movement isn't the way to go about making things better.
Hey, I just planted 15 rambutan trees.
I have re-forested part of the planet de-forested by others....see....I'm an enviro hero. :D:

Yer welcome to my extra O2........

I left my Suburban running for several hours this morning to balance your actions out.:D:

·
357 Mag, sex for the hand
439 Posts
I left my Suburban running for several hours this morning to balance your actions out.:D:

I did my share by running my excavator extra long and hard today. Lots and lots of black smoke, and I made sure the dump truck was running the whole time.

Man made global crisis = people buying into what ever there told, we as a society today, I have noticed anyways; is everybody wants to blame some one or somthing on their own probelms. So with all this "he did it, she did it" **** going on, when are we going to take the time to find a solution.

Hybrids are not a solution, just check into how much toxns are in the batteries, more toxic than a 69 ramcharger with a 440 ci V8 running on 7 cylinders.

The new "emissions" deisels, no black smoke right? How about at the expense of 12 MPG..... Lets buy even more deisel at a high price to support are green ways.

All this going green, for the most part is just profiting some ones pocket.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
The new "emissions" deisels, no black smoke right? How about at the expense of 12 MPG..... Lets buy even more deisel at a high price to support are green ways.
We shouldn't remind the damn EPA what it takes to dispose of those batteries and diesel particle traps either shall we?

Go green, buy a horse.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
We shouldn't remind the damn EPA what it takes to dispose of those batteries and diesel particle traps either shall we?

Go green, buy a horse.
The key concept is recycle not disposal. While it is not economical to do it, it is also not economical to build septic systems when a cat hole is so much cheaper, but for the sake of not wallowing in ones own poop we do it. Same reasoning with recycling. I realize not destroying civilization is not a popular topic on a survivalist and prepper forum. But I for one would rather spend the money to extend my quality of life rather then speed up the need for preps.

Soylent Green is people ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gasp

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The key concept is recycle not disposal. While it is not economical to do it, it is also not economical to build septic systems when a cat hole is so much cheaper, but for the sake of not wallowing in ones own poop we do it. Same reasoning with recycling. I realize not destroying civilization is not a popular topic on a survivalist and prepper forum. But I for one would rather spend the money to extend my quality of life rather then speed up the need for preps.

Soylent Green is people ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gasp
Whats the shelf life of that Soylent?

I think the point behind the article was the deliberate fudging of the numbers to further an agenda thats not supported by the truth.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts