Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Totally off grid
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CBD's have changed the lives of many. Including myself and my wife. They are now legal in all 50 states. The best deal I have found is 3000mg for $149 @ Medterra.com CBD's are great for pain, insomnia and many, many other things. CBD's, unlike pot, has NO THC and does NOT get you high in any way.

My great nephew has been having seizures since birth. Over 100 per month. I have turned many people onto CBD's with great results, but this beats them all. Since his first dose of CBD's he has had ZERO seizures. His teacher says he is doing much better in every way. :thumb: The Dr.s are amazed and are now prescribing it to others.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,313 Posts
A lot of people don't have $200 disposable to invest in something that may not work. Using CBD would also violate his pain management contract, they clearly state "NO cannabis product".

I did get some Kratom, I have it on hand if we need it, it was extremely cheaper (and a good company, I did my research). Just a little fishy on the return address shipping label that said "Shipping Department" with no company name.

We haven't used it yet but, like I said, it's there if we need it. I get vicious migraines and he has horrible chronic pain after a ghastly accident.

I will say a friend of mine, who can afford it, swears by it for her arthritis pain.

·
Geezer In Training
1,894 Posts
My wife has scoliosis and had surgery for it (Harrington Rods) when she was a teenager. As she has aged, arthritis has set in to the area and she has been in extreme pain for a number of years. She uses CBD oil that we get from American Shaman... I must admit, I was skeptical at first, but it DOES work! :thumb:

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,703 Posts
For those that worry about CBD and pain management....

Yes usually there is a treatment contract between the patient and doctor, some CBD will have THC and may show up on a drug screen. Research and you can find CBD with no THC and it will not show up on a drug screen.

The family member that used to be under pain management with a physician for several years used CBD and was screened and never profiled for breaking contract. Even then unless the patient is a habitual user the office may not drop them for a first positive.

·
Indefatigable
20,313 Posts
My wife has scoliosis and had surgery for it (Harrington Rods) when she was a teenager. As she has aged, arthritis has set in to the area and she has been in extreme pain for a number of years. She uses CBD oil that we get from American Shaman... I must admit, I was skeptical at first, but it DOES work! :thumb:
We shop in the same store :D:

Reactions: OKGlocker

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Once medical marijuana passed in Oklahoma, those CBD shops sprang up like mushrooms.

I suppose they're also placeholders for dispensaries, waiting until actual medical MJ becomes available.

·
Indefatigable
20,313 Posts
Once medical marijuana passed in Oklahoma, those CBD shops sprang up like mushrooms.

I suppose they're also placeholders for dispensaries, waiting until actual medical MJ becomes available.
It's available!:D:

·
Totally off grid
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those that worry about CBD and pain management....

Yes usually there is a treatment contract between the patient and doctor, some CBD will have THC and may show up on a drug screen. Research and you can find CBD with no THC and it will not show up on a drug screen.

The family member that used to be under pain management with a physician for several years used CBD and was screened and never profiled for breaking contract. Even then unless the patient is a habitual user the office may not drop them for a first positive.
This sounds crooked to me. Sounds like the Dr. is afraid he might lose one of his $ customers and some of his kickbacks. Why would a Dr. make you sign a contract that states you won't use a LEGAL product to ease pain? That sounds very counter productive. Not to mention unethical.

·
Totally off grid
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A lot of people don't have $200 disposable to invest in something that may not work. Using CBD would also violate his pain management contract, they clearly state "NO cannabis product".

I did get some Kratom, I have it on hand if we need it, it was extremely cheaper (and a good company, I did my research). Just a little fishy on the return address shipping label that said "Shipping Department" with no company name.

We haven't used it yet but, like I said, it's there if we need it. I get vicious migraines and he has horrible chronic pain after a ghastly accident.

I will say a friend of mine, who can afford it, swears by it for her arthritis pain.
Use it before you judge it. CBD's are not cannabis, it is hemp. NO THC and violates NO laws in any state in USA. If you try Medterra.com you will be happy. I have used their products for years. :thumb: Sorry but it sounds like excuses to me. Your choice, your pain. :D:

·
Bad Samaritan
523 Posts
Cbd is according to the Ohio medical marijuana site technically illegal in Ohio without a prescription. Testing positive for thc violates your pain management contract because it shows as a marijuana positive. Marijuana is a controlled substance. Not knocking the stuff i know a lot of people swear by it. Just stating how it is.

·
Totally off grid
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cbd is according to the Ohio medical marijuana site technically illegal in Ohio without a prescription. Testing positive for thc violates your pain management contract because it shows as a marijuana positive. Marijuana is a controlled substance. Not knocking the stuff i know a lot of people swear by it. Just stating how it is.
CBD's contain NO THC and are 50 state legal. Medical Marijuana is NOT the same. I am legal grower for Medical Marijuana. You will never test positive for THC using CBD's. It has no THC.

Look here. www.medterra.com

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,313 Posts
Fepony, I will be more clear: some of us don't have $200 to blow on something that MIGHT work for pain.

I don't make that kind of money. The Kratom was $10, I could afford that (they even threw in free shipping), I have that for my next extraordinarily bad day.

I can't justify spending 2 weeks + of grocery money on a small vial of "magic oil that might work"

Worst of all, if it did work I doubt I could afford enough to keep up with my headaches anyway. And, being bipolar, all medical peeps expect me to be an addict anyway.

·
Totally off grid
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fepony, I will be more clear: some of us don't have $200 to blow on something that MIGHT work for pain.

I don't make that kind of money. The Kratom was $10, I could afford that (they even threw in free shipping), I have that for my next extraordinarily bad day.

I can't justify spending 2 weeks + of grocery money on a small vial of "magic oil that might work"

Worst of all, if it did work I doubt I could afford enough to keep up with my headaches anyway. And, being bipolar, all medical peeps expect me to be an addict anyway.
It is obvious to me you haven't looked at the site. There is smaller doses you can order for less that $200. I'm not trying to sell you snake oil. Do what you want. I am just passing along what I know to work. I have turned on at least 25 people including 2 that work for the sheriffs dept and 1 highway patrol officer. They all now use it and have been able to get away from prescribed meds. Do what you want.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,703 Posts
This sounds crooked to me. Sounds like the Dr. is afraid he might lose one of his $ customers and some of his kickbacks. Why would a Dr. make you sign a contract that states you won't use a LEGAL product to ease pain? That sounds very counter productive. Not to mention unethical.
We didnt get a lawyer...... The doc there was a prepper, we traded seeds/ produce/stories a lot. It was discussed that they had to cover their asses due to the changing opiate laws and that was several years ago.

We had to agree to the office policies in order to be taken on as a patient.
Random screening for THC/and other drugs. They also screened for the prescribed opiates and they had to scale with what was prescribed. This was to make sure they were not getting more from outside sources, and they were taking it all and not selling it.

My family member no longer uses prescribed pain management, and when we left the office he agreed with what we changed.

·
Bad Samaritan
523 Posts
Look here it explains how CBD is now regulated under Ohio’s medical marijuana laws
https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/08/is_cbd_oil_legal_in_ohio_state.html

And although cbd is derived from hemp not all suppliers are selling that it is why Ohio regulates it and it is why some people have tested positive for thc using cbd products.

Once again a lot of people swear it works and I am not saying it doesn’t

1 - 20 of 27 Posts