Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,850 Posts
I won't buy it. Look at the nutrition labels and ask yourself if you want that level of sodium in your diet.

There was a thread not long ago that showed a study by an independent lab retained by Mountain House indicating that the storage methods used by Wise in many of their products did not actually purge the oxygen from the container.

Here's the thread:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=245561

I suggest you read it before buying Wise foods.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Generally speaking they are slightly overpriced, however if you are looking for quick grab and go meals for a 72 hr kit or Bug Out Bag, they provide a very good alternative in my opinion. I keep a couple buckets of their product for these situations where I would not be able to load up my long term food stores in a timely fashion.

·
Displaced Arizonan
286 Posts
We ordered a sample portion of Wise foods. Glad we tried the sample first. My father used to say "Anyone that say's they won't eat something has never been really hungry". I hope I never get that hungry. It's a great idea, but the taste was very 'unpleasant'.

·
ΙΧΘΥΣ
9,746 Posts
I will not purchase Wise products. They didn't even bother to respond to the independent lab testing showing high levels of oxygen in their food, despite repeated requests for comment. People will be lucky if it lasts for five years, let alone the 25 years they promise.

·
Registered
456 Posts
They were offering free samples so I took them up on their offer and sent them my mailing address but they never sent me samples. They do continue to send me ads via email to try to buy their stuff. Why buy from a company that won't keep their word?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
The few samples of Wise I've tried were pretty bad. I suppose if it was all you had it would work, but there are so many better options out there. Mountain House may be more expensive, but they really are the gold standard of long term freeze dried foods.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Mountain House uses a lot of gluten in their products. Any suggestions on good, reliable alternatives which may not use things like gluten or whey in products that don't need it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mountain House uses a lot of gluten in their products. Any suggestions on good, reliable alternatives which may not use things like gluten or whey in products that don't need it?
www.preparewise.com

I have never tried this company myself, but they seem to fit with what you are looking for. Anybody else have experience with this company?

·
Registered
167 Posts
The sample they sent tasted like crap.
Good thing we tried it before buying.
We had good intentions of putting together an order till we tryed it :(
Yuck...........
Mountain house tastes good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts