Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Get off my lawn
4,960 Posts
Professor Kawaoka’s work had been cleared by Wisconsin’s Institutional Biosafety Committee, but some members of the committee were not informed about details of the antibody study on pandemic H1N1, which began in 2009, and have voiced concerns about the direction, oversight and safety of his overall research on flu viruses.

He's messing with powers man should not mess with. Why is a college and not the CDC doing this? Just paint kick my gonads on my forehead.

·
Capes are cool.
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That virus is worth more money than I can imagine to the evil forces of the world.
There is no worth to it. It's an extinction level event. Highly contagious. Airborne. Certain death once contacted.

The only survivors would be bunker people. But only as long as they remain underground or on a remote island.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
From the tone of the article (and no other sources) it sounds pretty irresponsible.

No one can guarantee 100% systemic effectiveness 100% of the time. There is no system made by man that is 100% effective 100% of the time.

Give the remote plausibility of the virus leaking out of the lab, I have to wonder if any gain in abstract scientific knowledge is worth the risk of unleashing a virus on humanity that would essentially be unstoppable.

Like the character Ian Malcolm's (Jeff Goldblum's) line from "Jurassic Park", they "were so busy asking it they could, that no one bother to ask if they should". Just because something is possible does not mean it's wise.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
It's only a matter of time until a terrorist funded research project creates one of these. I have no doubt that North Korea has scientists working on this 24/7. Mankind has survived plagues throughout history, and will survive something like this as well. There are plenty of isolated cells of human population on this planet, I doubt the race would become extinct.

·
Banned
8,064 Posts
It's only a matter of time until a terrorist funded research project creates one of these. I have no doubt that North Korea has scientists working on this 24/7. Mankind has survived plagues throughout history, and will survive something like this as well. There are plenty of isolated cells of human population on this planet, I doubt the race would become extinct.
this is what I don't get... why pay for research when it would be much cheaper and faster to just hire a team to go steal it?

this is like shadow banking... it now exists and can be used any time wreak havoc in just a matter of days. We could wake up to a pandemic already in progress.

·
Capes are cool.
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone know if the flu can be transferred to animals like cows, deer and pig?

See where I'm going with this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.