Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It drives home the point of our technology dependence really, really well and should scare any city slicker.

However, the problem with it is it will cause the average sheeple to throw his hands up in the air & feel like it's hopeless. But it's not because you don't need a plow & a steer to be able to grow enough food for a small survival group. It can be done with a pick, shovel, seeds & some basic gardening knowledge. That combined with some hunting & gathering & your off towards basic survival...

·
Registered
232 Posts
That makes me completely paranoid because I'm one year underage and I can't move out and my mom won't let me prepare and when I see videos like this I think something like that could happen tommorrow but my parents won't listen and... THE VOICES THE VOICES Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ... lol

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
This is a good video. It brings home many situations that could very well happen. I look at myself and my lifestyle and I am glad that I am out in the country and able to fend for myself. I feel really sorry for the city dwellers in our society and the fear they will experience if the SHTF. But I also fear what will happen to my community of country dwellers if a violent outside force should invade us.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
I agree, this is kind of dumb. I mean, he's right about the technology trap, but he keeps talking about "you" and "need a plow". If it's just YOU, why do you need a plow? You do not need to raise huge monocultural fields, and if it's a farm, it will be easy to work with what has been plowed before.

I understand what he is getting at, but it just seems as if he is a city dweller who thinks heading back to the land is an insurmountable effort. It is difficult, but far from insurmountable. And odds are, any decent farm will have manual versions of just about every saw, drill, etc, since it is frequently easier to head out with a hand auger or saw for one hole or cut instead of fighting with generators, etc.

But if it inspired you, good. I can see how this would cause one to think, but it seems driven by fatalism.

·
33 30 38 20 34 45 56 52
412 Posts
dittoe...all 15 dvd's....

·
Registered
772 Posts
One of my projects i have been working on lately is to buy hand tools, like a pick axe, regular axe, etc. A gasoline tiller does you no good, when the gas runs out.

·
33 30 38 20 34 45 56 52
412 Posts
I'm trying to remember a catalog I saw during my days of cowboy shooting over 12 years ago....it contained clothing, leather goods, kitchen stuff, farm stuff, that existed around the civil war era, give or take 50 years. All newly produced articles, manul drills, LOTS of books that has been recovered and photocopied, reproduced etc...including patterns for both women/men and really cool tools.
It was fairly thick and I think recreationists, shooters and fans of the old days.
Any ideas out there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts