Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed something happen this week that I hadn't seen happen in a while. It makes me somewhat hopeful when it comes to the US economy. The value of the US dollar (when compared with the Euro) went up about 10%. I haven't seen this short of a gap in the dollar and the Euro in over 6 months.

Last Friday, this is what the US dollar looked like:
1 Euro = 1.67 USD

Today, this is what the US dollar looked like:
1 Euro = 1.55 USD

So my guess is this:

Government is doing all they can to boost the dollar right now so that they can make the Republican Party look better before the November elections. If this is so, we might see a steady rise in the US dollar leading up to November. Also, gas prices are expected to begin to slope starting in July--which is typical for that time of year but more beneficial considering how high they've been and that this is an election year.

Now I don't usually track this stuff because....well....I find other things to worry about. But I am curious as to what everyone else thinks about this shift in the value of the dollar. Do you think it will rise until the election, that it will crash this year anyway, anything else???

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If they are pushing for the Amero, I feel your dollar will look tired to convince the sheep that a new currency would be good, especially if they are looking to unite Canada, Amercia and Mexico together soon.
But short term, pre election, your right they will foil the books to their favor for a while.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
I've noticed more news stories about there housing market taking a dump, it may be there economy is heading for the dumpster.

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
down! down! down! I hope I'm wrong!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Gold value has been dropping. Some speculate that they (the powers that be) are trying to keep gold deflated in value to help the dollar. (inverse relationship apparently in the gold price versus dollar value) I personally expect gold to continue to increase in value and dollar to sink a little more as China begins to unload its stash and as more countries in Opec quit using the dollar as the peg. Just my opinion though.

The Euro will take a dump soon....the housing fiasco is getting ready to hit them as well...just will take a little more time.

·
FNH 100%
237 Posts
If they are pushing for the Amero, I feel your dollar will look tired to convince the sheep that a new currency would be good, especially if they are looking to unite Canada, Amercia and Mexico together soon.
But short term, pre election, your right they will foil the books to their favor for a while.
Could I have some more info on the Amero,

·
I travel light
2,030 Posts
Question

Gold value has been dropping. Some speculate that they (the powers that be) are trying to keep gold deflated in value to help the dollar. (inverse relationship apparently in the gold price versus dollar value) I personally expect gold to continue to increase in value and dollar to sink a little more as China begins to unload its stash and as more countries in Opec quit using the dollar as the peg. Just my opinion though.

The Euro will take a dump soon....the housing fiasco is getting ready to hit them as well...just will take a little more time.
So...it´s good idea to buy gold coins??

·
Registered
475 Posts
The Govt. is doing all it can to shore things up too get us past this election its Politics as usual in Washington. They want us to become like the european union monetarily but that will just ruin what little is left of the middle class here in this country and we'll become a country of haves and have nots like the trading parteners they want us to join. The amero is the name of that currency representing all three countyrs US, Canada<Mexico.
Its gonna take a while to shake all the bugs out of this type move but didversity is protection in uncertain times so owning gold coins is a great hedge against the " What If" scenario and a smart move if you have all the other things that are better inveastments. Like your Home< Food Storage Self Defense things ...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts